February 17, 2010

Cricut Tutorial; Create Your Own Chipboard


Here's a little tutorial to show you how I created chipboard using a couple of die cuts and card stock.

I first select the snowflake cut that I wanted to use, which is a snowflake from the cartridge called "Joys of the Seasons". I JUST picked up this cartridge. I had my eyes on it for a LONG time, and finally found a STEAL of a price (even lower than my wholesale cost), so of course, I went for it. Anyways, so here I am.... I'm going to cut four of the exact
same cut, I use the "Copy" and "Paste" features on the program, so that my cut are identical. I then push the button to have them cut out.

Next I glue each snowflakes on top of each other creating a "thicker" piece of die cut, thus creating my chipboard thickness.


By the time I layer on the last die cut, it is already quite thick. Cardstock that I've used here is SU!'s Bashful Blue - one of my favs!!

Now all I need to do is make it glimmer... and I do this by spraying some adhesive on the top of my chipboard, and then adding glitter dust....

When it is all done with, it's a pretty lil' thing like this!!!

Here is my completed card....
Have a great day!!

Aloha,
Jen