January 3, 2010

Happy New Year & Prayer Requests

Hey All!! I wanted to pop on in for a bit to send you Blessings of Good Will for the year 2010!! Our New Year's celebration was nice and quiet, as we spent it indoors, in the comfort of our own home, surrounded by each other, and a huge pot of Portuguese Bean Soup - or "Pocho Soup" as we like to call it. The outer perimeter of our home, on the other hand, was very, very noisy!!! Smoke was polluting the air, and Thank God for A/C or that soot would be stuck in the vessels of our lungs, we couldn't smell the smoke at all, so we're so thankful that it didn't get through to our windows n' doors. Music was playing from our next door neighbor, and bombs were going off throughout the city. It was crazy madness. These bombs going off were more than likely illegal, and very costly. But here in Hawaii, it signify's ways of "warding off evil spirits for the New Year". Fortunately, because I now know that the Lord loves me, evil spirits are no longer a threat to me and my family. The reasons to purchase fireworks in our household is no longer necessary. Yay! Praise The Lord!!! Cy went to bed at 10 pm., when 12 midnight came along, CY4 poured his mom n' dad grape juice in a martini glass! We counted down, toasted in the new year, and then said a prayer together. It was beautiful!! Our very 1st year celebrating the New Year as a Christian family. There has been so much blessings in our lives this past year, and you were all a part of it. Wether you are near or far, you've allowed me to come into your home, and share my world with you. I pray that I will be able to continue to share my creations and my writings in the coming year, and continue to bring joy, laughter, fun and ideas your way.... Thank You!!!

During the last days of 2009 up to the 1st of January, 2010, our dog Ehu has been getting old, and with the fireworks going off, it was disturbing to her, and driving her to the point where she had the urge to escape from her kennel! She managed to escape 3 times!!! The 1st time was when we were away at a Christmas party, and CY4 was home alone. CY4 was devastated that Ehu left, and he didn't know what to do. We got home 3 hours later, and found Ehu within 30 minutes. The 2nd time she escaped, we were all out of the house. We didn't know how long she was out n' about, however, we were able to find her within 20 mins when we arrived home. The 3rd time she escaped, happened just yesterday (1/1/10), and we were on the other side of the island. My neighbor called me to tell me, and because we were 45 minutes away, all we could do was to feel hopeless, but remembering that the Lord is always on our side, and that He would never leave or forsake us, we were sure to find her. When we got home, CY3 n' I decided to split up and drive separate cars, searching up n' down our neighborhood. No site of Ehu. After searching for 2 hours, I decided to head home, because Cy's nose was a little stuffy, and I had the urge to use the bathroom. Plus, I thought if I was at home, maybe Ehu would come home and find me there, and not keep roaming the streets. Anyways, after clearing Cy's nasal passage, and using the toilet, the phone rings... it's the Humane Society... they had Ehu. Praise God!! She was safe and out of harm's way. We are happy to have her home, and pray that she isn't frightened away again by these fireworks that seem to go off whenever.

On another note... I wanted to ask for prayer for the following people/families:

  • My BIL and his wife moved to Seattle on Dec. 22nd, '09, due to lack of occupation of 1 year here in Hawaii. I know that it's bad everywhere, but please pray for guidance, and security, and job opportunities for both my BIL and SIL. Please pray that their children will also get into the feel of their surroundings, and mesh right in.
  • My girlfriend's mom was recently diagnosed with acute Leukemia, and was told by the doctors that she has only 2 weeks left to be with her family and friends. Please pray for miraculous healing, or possibly more time to spend with family and friends. However, if the Lord has other plans, and decides on taking her, please pray for her salvation, that she accepts Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior and that her hubby and daughter's family accepts Him as well.
  • Our Soldiers, Our Government Leaders, Our School Leaders and Law Enforcement. Please pray for these people that are leading our country.... We thank the Soldiers that lay down their lives for us daily, so we can live a life of freedom, and it is imperative that we pray daily for the others that run our country and look after our children while they are in school.
Thank you in advance for your prayers. I will be posting my creations later, as I want to straighten out my house first, get organized, and get the kids back into school. As of yet, I don't know when I will get a chance to actually create and post. I do have a few pics to share, so when I have time, I will get those up. Otherwise, I will pop in again to give you an update on what else has been going on in my life.

God Bless n' Thanks for reading...
Aloha,