November 7, 2009

Introducing JJ Kidz Digital Designs @ Little C's....


Oh My Goodness!!!! Sorry I've been MIA for a while - this week, I was helping at Cy's school on Tues, Wed n' Thurs. It's such a blessing to be able to help with the keikis and to see my Cy's smiling face. But it sets my creativity level back a bit, so just gotta find ways of making time to do these things.

Anyways, I'm posting today, and I hope I can continue to do so.... I have some fantastic exciting news for all of you!!!! Little C's has a new line of digis, they are called "JJ Kidz". The artist of this line of digis is my life long friend, Rose. She is a professional graphic artist with 18+ years experience, and I have been trying to convince her of the longest time to get her drawings on rubbah - or digital. She's finally agreed on letting me have the rights to these, and exclusively thru Little C's, she's allowing the sale of her images.

These images are adorable, and are actual drawings of her very own DD, Jaz. There are 9 images being released, and can be purchase individually or you can purchase the entire set.

Over at LC's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii, we are challenging you to create a project with embossing included. It is not necessary for you to create with a JJ Kidz image - however, if you would like to try and create with one of the images, I would happily send you the "Jaz 1st Walk" to create with, which by the way is the same image I used on my project shown here.

On my project... I used an ice cream die cut from Doodle Charms Cricut Cartridge. Along with the Design Studio program, I was able to weld 2 Ice Creams next to each other, and create a card with them. I then decorated the front of the card. I sponged the edge of my cuts so that it would be more defined. I added sprinkles to the top of the ice cream with beads. The cherry on top was filled in with Candy Cane Sticklez. I generated the sentiment with my computer, and hand cut the talk bubble, then sponged the edges on that as well.

On lil' Jaz, I paper pieced her dress, punched 2 holes in the middle, and added a ribbon. I colored her with Copics. Also added some crystal glaze to her darling eyes (see 1st pic above), so that they are shinny as well.

That was pretty much it of what I did on this card. Have you notice tho' that I totally goofed, and forgot to emboss something on my project!? Yep - I realized this after I was done, and I was like... duh!!

Anyways, please don't be a goof like me, and don't forget to add some kinda embossing to your project - create, post your creation, and leave a comment here to have a chance at winning 2 JJ Kidz digis of your choice.

For more inspiration on creating with JJ Kidz images, please check out what the DT came up with - you can see them all at our "NEW RELEASE" post here. You'll be delighted!!!!


Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for taking the time to stop by....

Aloha,