October 13, 2009

Himawari Babies Creations

Hey All... today, I have some Himawari Babies creations to share with you. With Halloween right around the corner, I know that a lot of you are celebrating by giving out little goodie bags to your friends, family, co-workers, and I hope to share some ideas that you might want to make using Himawair Babies images.

My 1st project here is a simple bag that I cut with my X using a bag cut from "Tags, Bags, Boxes n' More" cartridge. I hand cut the image of Frankie, and simply adhered him to my nestie cut outs with foam tape. Real simple n' easy to do. The treat that went into this lil' bag is a .58 oz container of Wrigley's Doublemint Mintcreme. Kinda small in size, but huge in taste - that actual size of this is 1-1/2" in width, 2-1/4" in height, and 5/8" thick.

Here are more pics of different angles.... as you can see, I had to take a sample of what this mint tasted like.




This 2nd project, I actually recycled the acetate box that I used. It actually came from an American Craft box full of 6 ribbons. I figured I could recycle by creating a top n' bottom cover, and then adding a Himawari Babies image - this one I believe is called "Lil' Eddie", he was inspired by that dude from Twilight. I used my Copics to make his face a little more grayer than what it originally was, and I recolored his vest, as well as added some hair lines to make it more defined, and added a "mint" of color in his eyes - I did this to also share with you how you can manipulate and change the coloring of the original image.... I also added some red stitched grosgrain ribbon around the top cover of the box.



This last project here is a project that I also made on my Cricut, and named this cute favor bag thingy which was inspired by my gf Claudette - I even named it after her, it's call "The Claudie Bag" and you can find the cut file here for downloading (on my Cricut Blog). I have 2 cuts, one for those that have the smaller cricut, and another that also has the X, so check out the blog, and be sure to download the one you can use. I used this Himawari Babies image, because it went perfect with the colors on the DSP that I used....



Hope you've enjoyed today's projects.... here is a picture to share with you today.... it is a picture of one of the lagoon's out at Ko'olina, I think we took this pic sometime at the ending of August. It was a nice quiet and beautiful day....

May you have a beautiful day as well...

God Bless,