Happy Aloha Friday friends.... this week on LC's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii we are featuring the many ways to create with Two Scoops Rice Halloween Digi set. Our challenge were to create "Anything But A Card", and everyone came up with awesome creations. Here's what I came up with....
First, I have here a goody bag, which I cut on my Cricut. It is another version of my Fancy Favor Box that SU! sells, but this one has a Scallop Edge - a request by the same Cricut community board member. I used my George cartridge for this cut. I cut the fence from Paper Dolls, and sponged it will black ink to add some shading to it. I colored the image with my Copics, and then used Sticklez to enhance. I've added a strip so that it would be easier to carry, but I don't even know if I am giving this to anyone. I wanted to add a sentiment to this project, but thought that if I did, it might cover the fence, and no one would be able to see the fence. LOL... so I opted to leave out the sentiment.
On my 2nd project, I saw a candle that was lying around my house - and waiting to be used, since 2006! LOL... funny how I purchase items thinking I wanna use them, and don't til' a year or two later. Well, this pumpkin is so adorable, and I loved coloring it. I colored it again with my Copics. I have been coloring a lot with my Copics lately, haven't I?!? Well, sometimes I feel like I've been neglecting my other mediums... I really want to try and use them - so each week, I'm going to try and rotate my mediums, so that I don't feel so guilty about all these different ones that I have but have neglected to use. So you'll be seeing more of different mediums here on my blog - in the near future... =0)
So anyways, this candle with pumpkin image was so easy and quick to create. Just added a strip of DSP to wrap around the candle, attached with double stick tape, and then used foam tape to attach the image of the pumpkin to the candle. Of course this is for decoration purposes only, and the decoration would need to be removed should it's receiver want to actually light it.
- Hmmm... let's see - I'm trying to set a schedule for this blog, so that I create according to my schedule. It's really hard to think up things, but I hope when I finally get it down, that you will be just as happy as I am. I know for sure that there is going to be a "Hello Kitty Freebie Image Day" that should be fun...
- Been working on some new stamps that arrived for Little C's, still need to price them and then upload to the website, they are "Henry The Mouse" stamps from Whiff of Joy.
- Reloaded all of the Magnolia stamps that I currently have in stock - go check them out... I want to sell them before I bring in more of these...
- Cy wasn't able to make it into the Christmas Play. Only because the rehearsals were after school, and I wouldn't be able to get him when it was done, since I would be picking his older brother up from school. I told him maybe when he gets older.
- My mom bought a new car, an HHR, and she and my dad celebrated their 48th anniversary yesterday... wooooo hooooo!!!
- The pups are still cute, and they are growing soooo quickly!!! They are learning quickly as to where they need to go potty - and they already know that they are not allowed in the living room area, as well as knowing that they are to STOP what they are doing if I clap my hands together, and head back to their kennel. Toooo Cute!!!
- I'm getting sleepy.... I need coffee... **sigh**
Requirements: DS Program, Cricut Machine & George Cartridge.
Click Here for Cut File
Have a blessed evening and a great weekend...