October 19, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge #39



Aloha Friends... we are up to challenge #39 on Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog... and this week's challenge is hosted by Sankari, who has asked us to create tags at least 3 or more... this was a fun challenge to do, since it is different from making cards. But I figured that these tags could also be used on a card somehow, eventually, right?! Anyways, I made these 3 tags. The 1st here is a snowflake that is a digital design from Fred, She Said. Isn't it so purdy?! I love it on it's own, but I wanted to add some kinda sentiment to it, for some reason. I used sticklez to add glitz to it, and totally love how it turned out. The image was printed on my ink jet printer, and it is actually a "pre-colored" image, which means that the artist, Tracey had already added colors to this image, and all you need to do is print them and do whatever you want with them. These are great to use when you are in need of a project in a short amount of time. I punched a 1/16th inch hole in the tip of one of the flakes edges, and attached a gold cord to it. The sentiment is from Cat's Pajamas.


The 2nd tag I have here is a tag that was cut on my Cricut. I can't remember what cartridge this came from, I think the cartridge was "Christmas Cheer". The image is another digital image, and it is a Mindy Terasawa OR Nancy Kubo image. I don't know which one it is, but they are related, so just do a search for both of them, and then you will be able to figure out who it actually belongs to. Sorry, I'm no help am I?! I know, I actually had the image printed out from last year, and it was sitting in my drawer of images, so I just pulled it out. At least I remember that it is either or artists. LOL....

Once again, I've used sticklez to enhance, I used candy cane sticklez on the reds of the penguin, and star dust sticklez on the lines of the DSP, and then tied on this pretty

olive grosgrain ribbon, which I believe is 5/8" or so.... There is actually a circle cut out in the middle of the tag, and the image of the penguin is behind it, so that it is showing through the circle. Just incase you think that it is a punched out image that is placed on top of the tag, it really isn't... it's showing through the tag. Can't really tell from here, can you? I can't....



The last tag I created was also cut on my Cricut. The bracket type tag was cut using Accent Essentials, and I made a smaller sized cut of it as well, to layer on which is in color white. The candy canes are from Christmas Cheer cartridge, which I cut one the right one, and the other I flipped. I added stickles to the candy cane, and made it all sparklie. I stamped the bird (Hero Arts) on there with Momento Black Ink, colored with my Copics. The "To n' From" is from Cat's Pajamas (I think). I don't know how I got the idea of using the bird, or even why - it's not like the bird is going to place the ornament on the candy cane, but with it's "heart" shape, I kinda felt like the bird was adding a lil' LOVE to it. The ribbon is a rust red organdy type of ribbon.

Anyways, it turned out alright, huh!??!

Well, this week is the 2nd to the last week of challenges we will be having on the CSAYL blog, it has been a wonderful journey with the other designers of this team. There were times when I didn't or wasn't able to create, but yet, jumped right back into doing so. I don't know if I will actually use all my cards and give them out this year. I was thinking of keeping it simple and giving out photo cards at Christmas. We'll see.... I had a lot of fun though, and I hope you did too, creating along with us...

Ok on another note, I've added a poll to my blog... I had that going on one time or another on my blog, and it was so much fun to hear everyone's answers... so if you get a chance, check out the poll of the week, and answer along - you would need to go to my blog to actually see the poll, so if you are reading this on your email or your reader, then you won't be able to see it unless you go to my blog and you can do so by clicking on the title of this post above.

I've also added the schedule for my blog... I think I am finally getting organized with my blogging life... I need structure so that I know what I need to create, and it helps keep me motivated at the same time to know what I need to do next. Hopefully this'll help - the schedule is also posted on my blog, right under the question poll.... so come back tomorrow to see what I've created with using Two Scoops Designs....

Oh, and here's a few blurbs:

  • I was on TV this weekend, together with Michelle U of Mushi's Creative Inspirations on "The Joy of Crafting", and then on KHON 2, a commercial for this car dent repair company called "Dr. Dent"... I didn't get to see the commercial yet, but taped the craft show - will get it up on the web for everyone to see soon.
  • I went to the ER this weekend, for bad back n' neck muscle spasms... I had a hard time taking in deep breaths, and couldn't breath without being in pain, I couldn't laugh and jiggle alot, or even bend down to do house chores **sigh**. Went in to make sure it wasn't anything serious, sure enough I am a-ok, was told to take Advil and to rest....
  • Went to Cy's Family School Night on Friday, and he along with his fellow class mates recited versus from the bible with smiles on their faces and did an awesome job - it was so cute!!! It's awesome to be educated along with the love for our Lord in their tiny lil' hearts.
  • My oldest made the President's List this 1st Quarter. He is surely making us proud.
  • Saw the video about the man made balloon that some scientist created in his back yard, and it floated away with him thinking that his 6-yr old son was in it. FREAKED ME OUT to think that he was in there.... the balloon went as high as 7500, and came down 2 hrs later with emergency crew all waiting for it to land, to find that it was empty, then later finding out that the boy was at home all this time, hiding in a box... oh goodness!!! Thank The Lord!! I was in tears....
  • Ok, time to start a NEW week...

Hope you're having a blessed day