September 5, 2009

Updated: Box with Handles: DS & GYPSY cut files available


Good Saturday Morning All!!!

What a beautiful, hot & sunny day it is here in Hawaii. Well, today over on Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii - we are featuring Joy of A Place To Be Me as our Featured Aloha Blogger. Joy is a local stamping sister here in Hawaii, and it was so much fun to create a project that she herself created. The project that I created of joys was one that she had RAK'd to me a couple of months ago. What a sweetie she is. Right now, Joy is on the island of Maui, probably kickin' some butt on that soccer field with our other stampin' sister - Michelle!!! Go Sisters!!! Hope they're having a blast. When she isn't playing soccer, Joy is creating and sharing her joy of crafting with her fellow stamping sisters. She loves to RAK and just loves creating all her lil' dooo dads!!

So here is the project that I created using Joy's idea. It's a gable box. I created it on my Cricut machine, together with my DS program. I decorated the box with an image from Two Scoops Rice Designs and flowers from All Natural Accents. I used sticklez and dew drops to add some glitz to the image. I just LOVE those sticklez add shimmer to a project, don't you?!?! The DS paper that I used to make the box is a Martha Stewart paper, but I can't remember what type of paper it is that has the stripes. I also used my scallop circle nestie to cut the circle scallop. Just a little Thank You to Joy, for allowing us to CASE her this week. It was a pleasure!!!

Ok, that's it for now, have a beautiful blessed long labor day weekend....




Updated July 22, 2010: I made a cut file for this box on the Cricut, using George, available in the DS or GYPSY format. You can find the cut file under the "FUN CUTS" section (click on link above in sidebar under "Quick Links"), and cut file is listed under "Boxes, Bags & Favors" as "Box with Handle". Enjoy!!!

Aloha,