September 11, 2009

Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Challenge Week


Good Day!! I hope you are enjoying your Friday, wherever you are!! This week on Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii, we have a challenge going on for you - a sketch challenge that is. You'll want to hop on over there and check it out, and maybe even try your hand at this week's challenge. 1 winner will win a Popcorn Bear set of their choice!!!

Here is my take on the sketch. I was in the mood of decorating a notebook cover, and creating one to write all about myself. I like to journal alot, and I wish I had more time to scrapbook, but it seems I can never get to do the both of them together. One day I will surely get it - LOL - One Day!! But in the meantime, I figure a notebook to journal in would be awesome. This way, I will have something for my children to read later in the future, and share the memories I've had growing up, if in case I forget them myself!!! LOL... seriously, my mind is scattered all over the place, I would not be surprised if that day comes when I am forgetful. So I better write them now, while I still can remember, right?!?!

So for this notebook, I removed both covers, and covered the with DSP. I used decoupage to adhere the DSP to the covers. I then pushed the prongs through the covers, and set them into place. I stamped my image twice, the 1st one I cut through my Oval nestie. The 2nd one, I cut off the arm n' blanket piece, so that I could make it 3D, and also show the rest of it, since it got cut off with my nestie (left side of blanket). This way, the blanket doesn't appear cut off, and it also look pretty cool to be popping like that. =0) The sentiment was computer generated. I also used some Dew Drops and Prima Flowers to accent my project. Oh, and lots of scrap ribbons - which I thought they all worked out well with it. My PB was colored with Copics. Well, if you wanna get a chance at winning your very own set of a Popcorn Bear stamp, try your creation at the challenge, and Good Luck!!!

Aloha n' God Bless...