September 9, 2009

The "Love Dare" - Day 1

Hey All... I thought I'd post this again, so that this could have a post of it's own, incase I wanted to look back on it again, I can search for them all under 1 category.... so don't mind if you are reading this again.... Day 2 will soon be posted!!

****

"The Love Dare" it is a book that was actually inspired by the movie "Fire Proof"... here is the book's description from Amazon.Com: Too many marriages end when someone says "I've fallen out of love with you" or "I don't love you anymore." The Love Dare discusses how these statements reveal a lack of understanding about the fundamental nature of true love.

As featured in the popular new movie Fireproof, from the team that brought us the #1 best selling DVD Facing the Giants, The Love Dare is a 40-day guided devotional experience that will lead your heart back to truly loving your spouse while learning more about the design, nature, and source of true love. Each reading includes Scripture, a statement of principle, the day's "dare," and a journaling area and check box to chart progress.

Dare to take The Love Dare, and see your marriage change forever.

***

Although I am confident that my hubby n' I share a unique bond and friendship, there is always room for improvement and growth in love. May be you too might wanna grow in your relationship with the Lord as well as your spouse??! So come on... do the Love dare with me?!!

Today's scripture is: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." -Ephesians 4:2 NIV

Today's Dare: The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although Love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate Patience and to say NOTHING NEGATIVE to your spouse (or to those around you) at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

***

I invite you to come back and comment, and share how your day went after you've completed the dare. If you do not want to share your identity, simply sign in as "anonymous".


Blessings....