September 7, 2009

Christmas Challenge #33


Aloha and Good Afternoon Crafters!!! I hope you are having a beautiful day today. It was very beautiful this morning, we took the kids to the beach, early this morning, down to Ko'olina, around 6 am!!! It was nice n' cool, and around 10:30 am, it started getting hot, and it was time to go. We met up with our good friends Rose n' Matt, and their kidlets. It was so nice to hang out and talk stories, and laugh. Rose n' I have been friends since high school. She's been one of my closes girls since then, and she n' her family loves the Lord. It can't get better than that!!! They all came back to our house after the beach, for some onolicious lunch... chow mien (noodles), char siu (red pork), chow fun (thicker noodles), rice cake, poi, lomi salmon, rice, kalua pork, oh gosh - it was the works!!

Now the men in the Young's household is all zonked out and taking a nap. I have some quiet time alone, so thought I'd post and create... LOL!!!! Shh....

Ok, so today, we have Christmas Challenge #33 - and the challenge was to create a paper pieced item. I had fun creating this project, because I got to use one of Fred She Said's images, and paper pieced it. I love this adorable fairy girl. I thought that she'd be great with a winter feeling... so here she is. The paper that I used is a DCWV paper, and although it already had glitter on it, I added some sticklez on the polka dots of her dress. I've also added sticklez to the middle of the flower in her hair, and onto her wings. I couldn't think up a sentiment. But I really loved that red in there. So I layered her image on a red layer, and also added some red dew drops. The background layer was embossed with a CB folder, I think it's called "Winter" - sorry, not too sure!!! I colored her with my Copics Sketch markers. So there ya have it!!!

Well, while the house is quiet, I better take advantage of this time, and create, huh?!?! It's 2 pm right now... maybe I'll be able to create n' get up to date with my projects that are due. Thank you so much for stopping by!!! Hope you're enjoying this wonderful holiday with your family as well.

God Bless...