August 28, 2009

SSH Challenge #4: Buttons, Buttons, and MORE Buttons...


Good Morning and Happy Aloha Friday!!! It is challenge week over at Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii. We have a challenge to use your buttons!!! All you gotta do is create and use buttons as the main embellishment on your creation. You have until Wednesday, September 3rd, at 6 pm HST to play n' have a chance at winning a bunch of goodies.

Here was my take on the challenge.....

The image & sentiment that I used are both from Two Scoops Rice Designs. I love buttons. Whatever color it is, it always adds a nice additional touch to the project being created. So easily to use, and pretty cheap too. You can even find it at a thrift store, for a good price. My cousin sent me a bag of buttons once, that she picked up at a thrift store - it was like 2 pounds for only $1!!! WOW!!!! I love how they come in all sorts of colors, and you can always mix n' match.

I colored the image a while ago, using my Copic Sketch markers, and the sentiment I used Regal Red from SU! to ink it up. I also added some dew drops because I seen how Jodie used the dew drops n' buttons together once, and they looked so awesome together.

I have been in a slump lately. Just sometimes, I get into these moods where I just don't want to create anything. Do you get this way sometimes? I notice that it always comes after a big function (Teri's Social was 2 weeks ago). I get all "pooped" out, and then I re-focus on organizing my home again, and then don't have time to create. LOL... it's a cycle that goes on n' on. But challenges always gets me on my toes again, and hopefully the next gathering gets me out of the rut too (which is this Sunday, so I better snap out of it!!!).

Thank God for awesome friends that nudge me, and motivate me to create and Thank God for all of you that continually post your creations inspire my art world.

Have an awesome weekend. I'm looking forward in seeing the Glama Gurlz this weekend. We're having a party to welcome the newbies....

Aloha,