August 11, 2009

Created Purse using my Cricut DS Program...


Oh boy!! What I have to share with all of you today. I just love my Cricut!!! Well, I also love my Design Studio too!! My girlfriend, Cristina - the Himawari Babies owner, I was at her house the other week. And she had this adorable purse that was made by someone that gave to her to using an HB images of her's (see green purse in 1st pic). I saw the purse, and I said - can I borrow? I like make 'em. Yes, those are my exact words... she said, ya, just bring 'em back. Well, I took the purse home, and realized that it was made with a cut that my other girlfriend Terri K. gave to me... oh the fun!!! So, I got on my DS program right away, and then I went to work in using George Basic Shapes and then placing rectangles together.... when I was done - I decided on cutting it for my girl Rina, who celebrated her birthday on the 2nd of August!!! Sweet 21!!!! Anyways, I cut the 2 pieces together, flipped one to make one side, and the other to make the other side. Also made a flap for the purse, and then used a swirl on Accent Essentials for decoration. But you can use whatever shapes to use to decorate, KWIM??! The paper - I am not sure where it's from, sorry I forget!!! The blings, from Hero Arts. The handle was is 2 strips of 1/2" of the same cardstock I used for the purse, and then I added 1/4" of the DSP to the top of it. I used my spellbinder oval to make the ovals under the handles. That's pretty much it. I have the cut available on my Cricut Cuts blog here.

The flower was also cut on my Cricut machine. I used a flower from Walk In My Garden, and cut 4 different sized of the same flower. I then crumpled it up, and then inked with red using direct ink to paper. I then layered them on top of each other, slightly turning them a little each time I put on a new layer of flowers (each layer got smaller as I did this as well. The button is from my stash. Ribbon was a RAK from someone. Hmmm... sorry - can't remember, was it from you?! If so, thank you soooo very much!!!



Anyways CY4 is back in school today, so please bare with me as I get my scheduling back on track. I'll let you all know how that went in another post.

Aloha,