July 9, 2009

Sassy Studio Designs - NEW RELEASE DAY - & How to Paper Piece Digital Images...

Hey All... today is the day!!! The day for Sassy Studio Designs to release a couple of new images - and they are all very cute with a little Sass!! You'll want to check out the newbie images here - and you might want to snag some of them to get ready for SSD's challenges coming up on Monday!! Weee Hooooo..... Today, I have here to share with you the image called "www.sassy" and it is part of the "I'm Every Woman" line of SSD stamps. Very cool. Ms. Sassy here is typing away on her laptop (probably blurfing - checking out craft projects!! LOL), hmmm sounds like somebody I know... and she is so tall n' slim - and you can tell by her gorgeous legs, that it's ME.... LOL!!!! (big time LOL!!!) Now, if my hair was that short - this would definitely be me. LOL.... but the legs gotta be a little shorter too!!. LOL.... Lindsay (the artist) told me that she tried to make it look as close to me as possible - but had she drawn her 80 pounds heavier, the image wouldn't sell....LOL.... ok, I'm kidding!! A woman can dream, can't she?!?!? YA - 80 pounds HEAVIER this would definitely be ME.... but she needs a pepsi, and a bag o' chips right next to her... LOL... ok, nuff with the laughs - I'm delirious!! LOL!!! LOL!!!!

She is GORGEOUS!!! I'm sending this card to one of my girlfriends... I meant to send out a card to her a while ago now, but just haven't had the chance to create a card, and send one. But here I am, creating all these other cards, and then what? LOL... so seriously - this one, this one has got to go to her. When it's going in the mail? I just don't know. LOL...

I have had several emails asking me questions about digital images - since I started using them, a lot have been eye-googling, but not convinced that it's something they'd wanna try.

Anyways, got an email from a reader stating that she wanted to use these digi images, but also love paper piecing - and thought that paper piecing could only be done with rubber stamped images. So, I've posted below pics of how to do it with digi images. It's fairly simple, and pretty much the same steps as if you were using a rubber stamp.

So the first thing you'd do is cut your design sheet paper to 8-1/2 x 11, put the design sheet paper into your printer, and print the exact image of the one you printed out on the white card stock. You just have to remember not to resize your image. Most DSPs will take to the ink that your printer let's out - but some may not. SOME - you can check this by simply using a marker (non alcohol base) put a small mark on your DSP and see if it smears on your DSP. Or how long you need to wait prior to it NOT smearing. Hope This Helps!!!! Of course, with a laser printer, you wouldn't need to go through all that trouble, as it should work just fine.

Ok - so here are the two photos that I just explained in the prior paragraph.... cut your DSP to fit your printer, and then re-print your image...

Now cut out the pieces that you want, n' start piecing them together in the right places, like a puzzle.... (see the pieces of the chair coming together?!)...

All Pau! =0)

Ok, if you need more inspiration, please check out the other creations made by the Sassy Studio Designs team, you can find links to their blogs on the left sidebar of my blog, under "Sassy Studio Designs DT".

Alright - it's a HOT day here today, and Cy has a high fever. Going to take him down to the doctor's soon, but you all try n' stay cool!!

Hugs,