July 22, 2009

Queen Kat Design's 2nd Hazing Event & Inspirational Challenge

Good Morning Wednesday All!!! I bet you're wondering what a "Hazing Event" is - well, lucky you, you've got me to tell ya what it's all about!!! =0) This is the 2nd "Hazing Event" for Queen Kat Designs - Whimsical Ink Sorority division.... Vicki came out with some new sentiments, thus causing a "haze" amongst us DT's!! What fun!!! And because today is a Wednesday, the Royal Kat division always has a "Royal Wednesday Blog Hop!!!!". So, together with the "Hazing Event" (WIS) we are also participating in the blog hop - and this week's challenge for the blog hop we are to be inspired by the bright sunny summer photo shown here. =0)

First off, if you're following the blog hop, and came from Jacquie's blog, then you're right on track!! If you stumbled unto my blog from out of no where, and would like to start at the beginning of the hop - please head on over to Queen Kat Design's blog.

Second, for the Hazing Event, Vicki is giving away 2 NEW word stamp sets. There is no creating on YOUR part, but if you'd like a chance at winning these goodies, it's easy to qualify....what you need to do is to do the following:

1. Post the WIS badge on their blog linked to the WIS blog (shown here - copy n' paste to your blog with link to http://www.whimsicalinksorority.blogspot.com).

Get Your Pledge Pin...

2. Follow our blog
3. Join our group over at PCP
4. Blog about the hazing event.

It's that easy as 1-2-3-4!!!

Now the image I used is called "Lani Mermaid". I chose her because she's so pretty with those hibiscus on her tail - I just couldn't help myself. I felt that she was the best to represent a "summer" type of feeling - KWIM?!? Must be the hibiscus, ya?!?! The words, I used as background, and also used "believe" as a sentiment. I used an oval punch to punch out the sentiment, and then cut around with my scallop scissors. Sticklez was used to add glitz in all the right places. It really livens up my card, doesn't it?! I can't seem to not create without at least a little dap of sticklez somewhere on my creation, now these days. But I hope that's a good thing. =0)

For the background part where I stamped the words, I used my Circle nestie, and Circle Scallop nestie to cut them. The CB folder is "Swirls". The hibiscus stamped on the background sheet background is also part of the word stamp sets that Vicki is giving away to a lucky winner.

Well, you better get going, and continue the hop - so hop on over to Andrea's blog, and see what she's got in store for you!! U will love what you see, as Andrea is quite talented. =0) Hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hop. When you're all finished and done, don't forget to do the 4 things you need to do in order to qualify for a chance at winning those awesome word stamps from QKD!! Also stop on by Queen Kat Designs online store for some awesome products currently on sale!!

Toodaloo!!