July 9, 2009

Digital Designs Sketch Challenge #2

Hey There... Digital Designs is hosting their 2nd sketch challenge - you'll want to check it out on the sketch challenge blog called "Delightful Sketches". Come n' play along. You don't need to use any Digital Delights images, but if you've haven't tried out digital stamping - here's a perfect opportunity for you to do so, since Wendy has a free image to give away. The image that she is giving away can be found on the Delightful Sketches blog. This week, she gave away a cute gnome standing behind a mushroom. I didn't get to create with it YET - but I sure hope I can SOON. But Wendy has been giving away freebies every Friday, so you might wanna start collecting on them, and getting your digital image collection going. =0) Even if it's just to test out, because once you get a hang of using them - you will LOVE them. You're NOT giving up on your rubber stamps - you're just adding more to your collection!!! =0)

Anyways, the image I am using here is "Driver Hooty" and the sentiment can be purchased in a set of "Hooty Sentiments". The one I have here actually said "Have a Hootiful Day". I altered it to say "Have a Hootiful Birthday". I created this card for my Step-Father-In-Law who celebrated his 58th birthday this past Saturday. Remember?! We went to the BBQ this past weekend for him?! Well, I thought it was a perfect fit for Gramps. He loved it when he saw it. Asked, "did you make this?" (even tho' he knows I have been making cards ever since I've known him, for like 14 years now...) - LOL - I guess he just wanted to hear me say, "YES, I did...." - LOL... too cute!!!

Anyways, I also used some sticklez to glitz up Mr. Hoot's scarf - I can totally see my Step FIL getting into his Mustang (one day) and gunnin' it. LOL... At 58 did Mid-Life Crisis pass already? For this image - I didn't do any blending... I wanted to show you what it would look like if I did straight coloring. What do you like better? Blending or straight coloring?

Let me know your thoughts... and don't forget to join Digital Delight's Sketch Challenge - you just might be lucky n' win some images as well as a spot as a Guest DT for a day!! Good Luck!!!

Aloha,