July 5, 2009

The Digi Shack's Sketch Challenge


Hey Everybody... how was your weekend?! I had fun with the fam, as usual. We had a BBQ on the 4th to celebrate my Step-Father-In-Law's birthday, and of course to celebrate USA. The kids popped some fireworks. Just CY4 tho', Cy n' I stayed in the truck, and watched CY4 n' his cousins go at it. We stayed clear of the smoke... saw from afar the fireworks at Pearl Harbor.

Anyways, when I got home, I blurfed a little to see what everybody was doing, and I got stuck on The Digi Shack's page over at SNR. Toni had a sketch challenge going on, with a freebie image. Well, I would send you her way, but the image already expired.... so sorry! Maybe next time, I'll be quicker. I thought her image was funny n' cute, so I had to play along. But really, I should be creating the project for the CSAYL challenge instead. Heh Heh... so, here I am, @ 10:39 pm, posting my creation for the Digi Shack's challenge. Oh, and I'm having dessert at the same time - guess what it is?! It's Cocoa Pebbles cereal... LOL!!!

Anyways the image that was a freebie were these 2 chickens talking stories with each other, and I don't know why - but when I see chicken, I think "kitchen", maybe they kinda sound the same? Maybe because there is that chicken design for the kitchen? Or maybe because that's usually where I see chicken, in my kitchen (in a pan!!). LOL... nonetheless, a kitchen reminds me of the color red. NO - My kitchen is not red, it's just the color that comes to mind when I think of a kitchen. RED... so that's how I concluded that my card must included the color red. LOL.. the buttons that I used were these gorgeous buttons that I receive from my Glama Gurl Sister, Vina. Which by the way started her very own blog over at Midnight Expressions. You have gotta check her out - she's got some pretty creations to share with us all!!

For my card, I used the Spot n' Dots CB embossing folder, DSP behind the image is from DCWV, and the DSP going across the card is from American Crafts. The size of this card is 4 x 9 - it'll fit in a letter sized envelope. I colored the image with my Copics. the chicken on the left turned out awright - but the one on the right, we'll it's neck looks kinda blobby. I don't know what happen - I think I was trying to blend, blend, blend, and before I knew it - the red was escaping the lines. LOL... ahhhh, it's ok, it still turned out ok.
Ok, I better going and work on my CSAYL challenge... Hope you're having a good night!! It's now 10:56 pm. So nighty night!!!

Hugs,
Jen