June 2, 2009

Two Scoops Rice Designs Tuesday.... with Color Shots


Hey There.... sorry for the super late post!! I have been out n' about trying to get this car for my mom. She was interested in purchasing this 2nd hand HHR car from a fellow, and unfortunately, that didn't go through. Anyways, that set my creating back a few hours, and now my posting is late. Das why hard.... sometimes. But all is well, things turned out for the better. Maybe it's not meant for her to purchase a used vehicle - maybe she is meant to get a brand spankin' new one... but oh well... we'll have to see where that goes.

I have this Two Scoops Rice Designs creation for ya!!! It's a Kokeshi doll, from the Kokeshi Doll stamp set (of 5). The dolls are pretty big, and are about 3" in height. I bought the set, and have been meaning to create with them. So I will share with you, every Tuesday, a creation with a different doll - for the next 5 weeks. =0) They all look like teachers I used to have back in elementary. I don't know why, they just do. LOL!!! Yes, all of my elementary teachers were oriental, and female - so maybe that's the reason? This one looks like my teacher Mrs. Sueda.... she was a spunky teacher back then. I think she was the youngest of all the teachers too. Always well dressed, and made up with make up too. Always in a dress as well!!!

Anyways, I colored this Kokeshi doll with my copics. See my color shots below on how I did it. The DSP is from DCWV, I used a Prima flower, with a dew drop in the middle. The ribbon is from SU!, the Oval and Oval Scallop dies are Nesties. I left this card without a sentiment.

Here are my color shots:

I start off by outlining the edges of the her hair with 2 different colors E79 and E99 (1 light the other dark):


I apply those same colors to my palette - see where it shows E99 and E79 - I am using E50 to "lift" the colors to it's tip:


Go back to the image with the tip of E50 holding the color that I'm going to blend - E99 and then E79:

Completed blend will look like so:

I colored face with E50, and did some shading under hair line,a nd side of face. R27 for lips, earrings, and dress, 100 for her eyes. Image is completed.
Thanks for stopping by....

Hugs & Blessings,
Jen