June 11, 2009

Queen Kat Thursday: Magical Mushrooms, Masking and a FREEBIE Digi Sentiment

Aloha Sistahs!!! Howzit!!! It's Thursday... the week is going by quickly, and it's such a beautiful week in Hawaii.... no rain, no vog - Praise God!!!

Ok, so here is one of the stamps I received from Queen Kat Designs. This stamp is called Fantasy Mushroom, and honestly - I didn't know what to do with it. But I knew I wanted to color it with fun magical colors. Anyways, I posted about this creation over on QK's Whimsical Ink Sorority blog, so check it out... I even shared a little tutorial on how I masked the mushroom image to over lap each other - without crossing over the lines.

I colored the mushrooms with my Copic Markers, and used a cosmetic sponge to apply the blue all over and around the mushrooms. To get that "glow" around the mushroom is where masking also came in and helped. The sentiment that I used is actually a computer generated sentiment that I created. Wooo Hooooo!!! I was blown away - and so thrilled that I was able to create this simple yet very meaningful sentiment. OH and HEY, if you wanna use this sentiment, you can download it for free here..... I am happy to share it with you.... or just click on the sentiment image to the left, after going to the larger image right click to save to your computer. Then use either word document or photo shop to open, print, and add to your project. =0)

Ok, so here is how my project turned out - don't forget to check out the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog, and check out my short tutorial on "masking".

Thanks for stopping by today... come back tomorrow, I've got a "pretty head" Anya creation to share with you.....

Aloha,
Jen