June 12, 2009

Pretty Head Rachel w/Color Shots


It's Aloha Friday.... No work til' Monday... Weeee Hoooo..... Happy Aloha Friday, everyone!!! Here is a creation I made for one of my friends. Sometimes, I make things - and they take forever to leave my house. I have been reading some blogs lately, and I'm thankful because I'm not the only one that takes forever to mail things out to my friends. The thing is, whenever the receiver receives it, she or he is delighted, and not even thinking about how late it is. LOL... Then again, this isn't even for a birthday, so why am I trying to make myself feel bad? Lol...

So here is the project I created for you today. It is a cover for a 5 x 8 notepad. Cardstock is SU! Real Red, and DSP is TAC's. Ribbon is SU!. Red flowers are from All Natural Accents, and blue ones are Prima Flowers. I added stickles to the tips of each flower - and it added flare!!! Weeeee Hoooooo..... Pearls in the middle of each flower is Hero Arts. Love that they have sticky backings - easy to use!!! I also created a matching pen, actually the pen already came blue, but I put some flowers on there to match with the notebook.

Ok, so I colored this Pretty Head Rachel - which by the way is from The Greeting Farm, and is a Digi Image!!! I printed her on my inkjet printer, and waited a few minutes before coloring. Love coloring her hair, and when I colored her, I felt like I was putting make up on her. I have color shots below.... so don't forget to check them out.

Anyways, hope you're having an awesome Aloha Friday!! May you have a wonderful blessed weekend!! Also, tomorrow is the last day to try your chance at my Blog Candy Giveaway. There has been lots of #'s coming in with high scores - I can't believe how many people are into Tetris!!! LOL.... If you want your chance at my blog candy - check out the rules n' regulations here.

Oh by the way - for those of you on Oahu, tomorrow, Saturday, June 13th, the Rubber Stamp EXPO will be going on. It's going to be at the Blaisedell from 10 am til' 4 pm. 2 Glama Gurlz will be working a booth down there - so I hope you go down n' say "hi". LOL... look for Myra n' Evie.... Brian of Photo Craft (also the owner of All Natural Accents) will be there selling his products too... so check it out, the admission is FREE.....

Anyways, here are my color shots (sorry, this one is one of the 1st ones I started coloring n' taking pics of - so this is kind of a LONG color shot....):

The 3 colors I 1st work with....

Using E95, I colored her entire head of hair....
And I accidentally put a dot on her eyelid. But I leave it... because I will be able to cover it up later.
I then start coloring in some highlights into her ha
When done, it looks like this...
Then I take E95 again, and blend the dark in....
I think here, I realize that I didn't like the 1st dark color I chose - so I went with E09 for another look (love that Copics will blend away the old color, and bring in the NEW).....
Love this darker color ... and then again, blend with E95
No for her face... I start with E01 - here's where I feel like I'm applying makeup.
I color her entire face, and then shadow with E33 the parts where her bangs and hair is on her face.
You can see that E33 is a dominant line there.... so gotta blend it in, I use E01 to do the trick.... remember - small circular motions when blending in....
This pic shows that I'm almost done, already added the other colors. Her face just needs a little more blending.... as you can see, the "dot" mistake I did earlier, is already gone.... AND I've added a lil' mole to the right of her lips because she looks more sassy like that. Hah!!
Right here... it's all done n' ready for my project!!!
Thanks for peeking in today. Have a wonderful weekend... and don't forget about the EXPO!!!

Aloha,
Jen