June 18, 2009

Mini Notepad Tutorial with Fantasy Palm Tree from Queen Kat Designs


Aloha Sistahs!!!

First off, just a few reminders of the super sales going on right now in the Queen's castle.... 35% off ALL Acrylic Stamps and 50% off all Clearance items. Check it out, and take advantage of these great deals today, you will love what you see!!!

Ok, for today's creation, I am using the Fantasy Palm Tree, which right now is on sale for less than $2!!! Wow - that's a steal!!!! Ok, I use this image to be the main focus of a lil' notepad cover. I colored the image with my Copic markers, and then glam up with some stickles. I'm addicted to stickles...can you tell!??! I wasn't sure if I should do this image on it's own, but I did, and am happy with the way it turned out.

Ok, so here's how I did it....

Stamp image...

Color image.... I used these copic colors:

Measure the notepad (3" x 4")"


Measure it's thickness using the Scor-Pal, I found 2 score lines that were about the width of the notepad.

Cut flap for the top (3" x 2-3/4") n' score 2 lines (the width of the notepad). This is the flap that will go over the top, and cover the "spine" of the notepad.

Cut 2 brown card stock pieces, 1 for back of notepad, and the other for the front. Add double stick tape in all the right places, and adhere.

Notepad is ready for some embellishments:

Embellished with Dew Drops, and Stickles..... n' my lil notepad creation is done!!!To view more whimsical designs of Queen Kat's designs, besure to stop by the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog to see them!!! Have a beautiful day in Hawaii nei....

Hugs & Many Aloha,
Jen