June 26, 2009

A Greeting Farm Floral Creation


Hello All...

I ordered a whole bunch of Greeting Farm stamps, and finally got them in about a week ago. Well, I cut them up, put them away, and left them to collect dust (just like all my other collection of stamps). I had a whole bunch of other stamps that weren't put away yet, so while I was putting the GF stamps away, I figure I put all the others away. I have such a bad habit of collecting these cute adorable stamps, and I never seem to ink them up enough. There's never enough time in the day, is there!? I wish I could push out creations every 30 minutes, but my mind n' hands just don't work quickly together that way.

Anyways, I have been meaning to ink up my GF stamps, because they are soooo cute. I started out with this one. One of the images from the Hope n' Grace set. Which one's Hope n' which one's Grace? I dunno, no matter, they both look graceful n' both give me hope that my card looks cute. LOL.... I was laughing when I first heard the name of the stamp set, because I thought - "eh, wasn't there a show called "Hope n' Grace"?" But then I realized, (actually I think Jenny corrected me at a GG gathering) that it was called "Will n' Grace"... LOL... there goes my silly mind.... well, thought I'd make use of my stamp but then I had a huge brain fart!!! "PFFFFT"... I think it's because I've been cleaning out my craft areas lately - the area in my room (known as my craft room), and the one out here in the dining room.... I got a whole bunch of stuffs that I half used, or didn't use at all. Well, the ones that I didn't even touch for like a year all went into a box. Seriously - I was going to have huge giveaways on my blog and just give stuffs away every week. Then I thought - dang, that'll be a lot of mailing fees that I'd be dishing out. I gotta pay to get rid of my stuffs now?! LOL... ok, so I decided on giving all those stuffs to my SIL. She is one happy sistah right now. I have box #2 filling up, so she'll be even happier. =0>

So I'm taking a break from cleaning out my areas, and I figure I MUST use stamps... they are just too cute to sit n' collect dust, right?! Then I remembered about the GF stamps I just got last week. So here is where my creation comes in. To get me out of my brain fart mood, I was looking for challenges to work with. Well, I came across Summer's blog, Roses On Paper - and she's got this challenge that goes like this. You've got to combine her challenge - which is to use flowers - and another person or stamp company's challenge together. For her challenge, I have got to use any stamp company that she sells, which she just so happens to be selling TGF stamps!!! Yay!!! SO, I looked around for another challenge, and found a Clean n' Simple Challenge on SCS. This week's challenge "CAS20" is to "paper piece".. F-U-N... If I win Summer's challenge - I'll win some gorgeous flowers, AND I get a chance to be a Guest Designer on her up n' coming new line of stamps, designed by Elisabeth Bell, called "Bells n' Whistles". So.... I just gotta try n' see if she will have me as a guest. Wish me luck!!! This card is going out to one of my girlfriends.... hope you like it, sister!!

My card is created with TGF's Hope n' Grace, Copics coloring, Prisma and All Natural Accents Flowers, DSP from Joy, Bazzill Basic cardstock, Dew Drops, Stickles on Flowers and Jewels from Hero Arts. I paper pieced her head band, bow around her neck, and under skirt.

Have a blessed Saturday, and thanks for stopping by.

Aloha,
Jen