June 26, 2009

Fred, She Said... Embossing n' Flower Demo (Print n' Cut Flowers)

Good Morning and Happy Aloha Friday!!!

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm show casing flowers from Fred, She Said in this posting. FSS has these gorgeous dahlia flowers, they are available in color OR in outlined sets, so that you can color them yourself. I actually printed the colored ones and made a few of them for you here. But first, I wanted to show you how I embossed my background card stock to prepare for these cards that I created. Here goes:

Ok, so here I am embossing my cardstock. I've already embossed one side of it, now I'm going to do the other side, showing you that I'm leaving a section that I didn't emboss....

After running it through the machine, I flip it over, and use my Scor Pal to make 2 embossed lines both at the edges of each section that was embossed.

This is how it looks when done - now I have a section where my sentiment will go, and I can decorate....

Now, I'm going to use the flowers from Fred, She Said. These flowers are the Colored Dahlias. There are 18 FULL colored sheets with flowers n' leaves in this set, for only $5!!!! You can re-print them anytime you want to use them. Beautifully made & colored by Tracey, all done digitally - and sooo easy to use.... here is one of the ways that I've used these flowers for one of my cards. I've also posted 3 more to show you some ways I came up in using them.... but first a little demo on how I created the 1st flower for the 1st card:

So I cut out the flower pieces and leaves I want to use.... I also used my scor-pal to add lines to the petals of each flower....

Then I just stack them one on top the other, from biggest to smallest, lining up the petals. See how pretty it turns out?!?!? I LOVE IT!!!!!

Add to my card.... and stamp a sentiment.....
Now, here are 3 more that I created, using different flower colors, and different flower creation combos....

this one is done with a darker blue...
This one is done with Light n' Dark Pink ones....
This one is done with different colors, different sizes....
Finally the one that I first demonstrated, and completed with a Dew Drop in the middle.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!