June 8, 2009

A Shout Out To Vicki of Queen Kat's Design and Christmas Weekly Challenge #20 - w/color shots



Good Morning Monday!!! Before I share with you the Christmas Challenge, I wanted to send out a Very Happy Aloha Birthday to the owner of Queen Kat's Design - the Queen herself - VICKI!!!! Happy Birthday, Sister!!!!

Right now, QKD's got an awesome sale going on. 40% off of ALL QKD designed stamps, or 50% off Clearance items!!! WOOOO Hoooo - what an awesome deal!!!

All QKD DT's wanted to do a little birthday blog hopping for Vicki, so if you are following along the blog hopping with the QKD DT's - you should've just came from Beverly's "Bee Stamper" blog. If you'd like to start off at the beginning of the hop - then you'd wanna start at the Queen Kat Design blog first. To continue with the birthday blog hopping n' wishing Vicki a Happy Birthday, please head on over to Andrea's "My Stamping Heaven" blog....

Ok... now for my Christmas Challenge creation.....



Ho! Ho! Ho!!!!! Merry Christmas.... we're on week #20 of Christmas card creations. 20 weeks ago, Maria started a Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to get some of us started on Christmas cards this year. I don't think I made a lot of cards, but so far, it has been a challenge of FUN!!! If I don't end up giving my cards away at Christmas, at least I will have a nice stack of pretty Christmas cards to look at. LOL!!!!

So the challenge this week is to use ribbons and buttons. Although I didn't use any ribbons on my card, I used a bunch of buttons to make it purdy!! The image I used on this card is from Fred, She Said. Supah cute digital image, eh?!... I can image Cy doing this, because back in March - when we went to Seattle, while there was a light snowfall, Cy was out in the yard, with his mouth wide open - catching snowflakes. It was the cutest. But I was too worried about him getting sick, so I made him stop, and got him back into the house before I could grab my camera and take a pic of him. Boo Hoo... and I was NOT about to tell him to go back outside and do it again. At least the image is embedded in my head. LOL!!!

Anyways, I also used stickles to add glitz to the card. I used it for snow, and if you look close on each button, I kinda made like they were snowflakes. Not quite, but that was what I was trying to go for. I colored the image with my Copic Markers. (See my color shots below). Also, don't forget to check out all the other creations created by the DT's of the CSAYL blog.... they all did a great job this week (like always!!!).

So the other day - I don't know if I mentioned that I cracked a filling in my tooth the other day. If not, well I did. LOL.... I was eating a Filipino dish, it was Chi-Cha-Rons for lunch, and that extra crunchy pork skin cracked my filling!!!! DANG!!!! I went to the dentist immediately the next day, and he put a temporary filling in there. But I have to go back and now get a crown. Bummerz.... that's the 3rd crown in my mouth. No fair, because I can totally see other things that could be purchased instead of some silly crown. But I guess if I don't wanna be looking like Gramma anytime soon, I better get them done, huh!?!?






Here are my color shots...










Well, here's to a wonderful week.... come back tomorrow for another Two Scoops Rice Design's Kokeshi Doll creation.

Aloha,
Jen