June 29, 2009

Christmas Challenge #23

Hey Sistahs.... this week on CSAYL, the challenge, hosted by Sankari was a tough one. We were asked to create a Christmas card using mostly white. The theme was actually called "I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas"...it was tough.... I knew I wanted to add a dash of color in there, somehow - and at first, I was going to make a shaker card. It turns out that I didn't have any double stick foam tape to make my box. I must've thrown my roll out.... so, that's on my next shopping list. =0) Anyways, I came up with this creation. Not that great, in my opinion, but at least I stuck to the challenge. Other Diva's pumped out beautiful creations. You can check them out on the CSAYL blog. We're on week #23! Can you believe it?! I can't.... I think I better start thinking of the Christmas card I will actually be MAKING for Christmas. LOL....

Well, I hope you can join us on this challenge. It's a tough one, but if you are comfy with working with all white - it'll be a doozy for you!!!

Card Details: Sizzix Emb Folder, Magnolia (I cut her wings off), cut snow hills freehand and added stickles for shine, card stock is a shimmer stock I've had for ages, and then embossed,a nd copics was used to color my image.... I have a tiny bit of stickles on the upper right of my card, because although Ms. Tilda is "dreaming" of a White Christmas, she is also looking at the Star of Jesus!! Of course the glare of my lamp actually excentuated the image.... and what a glow it is!!!

Big Hugs & Good Luck!
Jen