June 15, 2009

Christmas Challenge #20 with Fred, She Said


Hey Gang!! Sorry, this is late... We're on week #20 of the Christmas Challenge blog. Be sure to check out what all the other Designing Diva's created, our challenge this week was to create with eyelets. Here's what I came up with - I was so last minute on this one, I created it today - throughout the day's festivities. In between my doctor's appointment, and CY4's football game, lunch n' shopping. LOL.....

The snowflake that I used is a digital image from Fred, She Said. Like a stamp, you can still layer these type of images, and they work the same way. I printed 2 snowflakes, and cut out the layer piece that I wanted to layer on top of the snowflake. I could've gone 3 layers, but I just went for 2 instead. I used eyelets from Making Memories. I applied some liquid pearl to the edges of the 1st layer of the snowflake, and then decided that I wanted some sparklies on them as well - so I went over them with some stickles. The ribbon I used was ribbon that I just had bought this weekend at the Stamp Expo. It has metallic stitches going through it... oh sooo yummy!!! They had a buy 3 get 1 free sale, and the spool that I purchased was only $3.50 for 25 yds. So got 4 of those ribbons, and then I also got 4 more of other ribbons that I thought were super cute.

I printed the snowflakes on my laser printer, so I didn't have to wait to start coloring my image. Oh so much fun!!! I also used a CB folder with snowflakes on them - I think it was the 1st folder with snowflakes that came out. Oh, and can you see that my card front is cut a little shorter? I had this piece in my scrap bin, and I thought it looked kinda cool with the layer of the snowflake hanging off, like a reverse tent top card, huh?!

Ok, so as I've mentioned - I checked out the Stamp Expo this weekend. Went with some of the Glama Gurlz. Rina, Barb and Jenny to be exact. We also saw fellow Glama Gurlz there, Myra n' Evie selling their stuffs. I hope they made some big bucks. The place was pretty busy with lots n' lots of goodies.... maybe next one I should go sell whatever stuffs I have left over. Get rid of my things there, huh?! That should be fun. We also ran into Jodi Ann Lee.... and I had a fun time poking jokes at her, and witnessed a little to her about the Lord. She took it all in strides, and I just loved seeing her pretty lil' smile. I haven't seen her in ages, so I was a lot of joy to see her.

Anyways, I bought tons n' tons of paper at the expo (for those of you that are curious on what I bought), and NOPE, I didn't get any stamps.... I was looking for iridescent type paper n' cardstock, and my wishes came true. It was a fun day with the girls, and I was so grateful that my hubby watched the boys so I could spend the day with the ladies. Before we went shopping, we stopped over at my favorite noodle shop, Gomaichi. My favorite dish there is the Char Siu Tan Tan. They make it spicy, but they will make it mild for you if you ask. Gotta always have that when I go there... oh boy - I think I want some NOW!!! LOL....

Ok peeps, hope you're having a pleasant evening.... again, sorry for the late late posting of my Christmas Challenge.

Big Hugs n' Blessings,
Jen