May 7, 2009

Two Scoops Rice Design's May Day Hula Mouse


Dear Sistahs,

It is HOT!!! It's 84 degrees here in Hawaii, and inside my house it feels even hotter!!! The wind is still, and what's worst is that there is vog in the air. ack! ack! Oh yea, sorry if you are receiving another "feed", I've accidentally moved the time of my feed to 9 am, when it should be @ 1 pm. So most of you already received my feed of the "blog award". You must've been thinking, "what the heck, Jen? Just this?!"... LOL....

Ok, so my sistah Nasha is here (her name is pronounced like "Tasha" but with a "N" instead), today she went hiking with my girlfriend, Michele. I'm not one to hike.... are you kidding? I can't even keep up with walking, plus I have Cy to pick up from school, so I would've never made it. Hahahhaa... some excuses I have, huh?! No fo' real... especially in this hot humid weather... oh my!!! Besides, I've gotta take my baby doggie Ceasar, to the doctor today!!! What's wrong, sistahs?! He yelps when he yawns, and there is a rottening smell coming from his mouth. Which makes me think that he has some kinda tooth infection - maybe his wisdom tooth, I wonder?! But poor thing... I can't wait to find out what it is, because it has been bothering him for a couple of days now. Well, I'll keep you all posted.

So here is another TSRD creation of mines. On Tuesday, when I posted this, Renae - TSRD's owner emailed me with this cute image. Awwww.... I just wanted to jump in, and create with her right away. She's soooo adorable!!! By The WAY - This image is available for FREE from Renae here. It is her FREE monthly image. Renae ROCKS!!!! Her images are sooo darn cute, don't cha agree?!!?! I don't see why you wouldn't want to get this free image.... ok, after you're done reading my post, head on over there!!!

I also busted open the new Cricut Cartridge I received, called Life Is A Beach, and cut a coconut tree for my project. I know that there is a coconut or palm tree on one of the other cartridges that I have, but had to bust it open just to use it, ya know?!

Well, this project here is NOT a card. It is actually a pouch thingy that holds something in it. The something in it is a surprise for a special reader of mines. Mama's day is right around the corner, and I thought it would be perfect to surprise her with it. So, it's a surprise Mama's day goodie for you... you don't know who you are yet. LOL... but when you get it, Surprise!!!

I used my stickles to add all the glitz. Thought it added quite a nice feature to it. The sand I cut with my deckle scissors. I got this idea from Mama Wini - thanks, Lady!! The bark of the tree actually was just the beige part, but I thought it looked too skinny, so I added a piece of dark brown cardstock to balance it off (at least to me!) - you can't really see it after all, because after putting the image where it's at, it covers the tree's bark. The coconuts I actually used my 3/4" Circle punch, rather than putting it through the machine again to cut 3 round circles. =0) The Scallop rectangle is a Spellbinder Nestie.

I colored Ms. Aloha with my Copics.... the next time I create with this image, I am to not forget to pink up her cheeks...

I'm currently working on some other Mama Day's gifts for several sweet Mama's in my life.... and then I have to work on the favors for Cy's graduation, and CY4's Birthday invites... Woooo Hoooooo.... it's going to be a busy weekend, Sistahs!! I can't wait!!!!

Big Big Hugs all around...
Aloha,
Jen