May 29, 2009

Happy News Again - Accepted On Another DT!!!


Woooo Hooooo!!! Sisters, I have been invited to be on ANOTHER Design Team. This is a Mom m' Daughter company, that sells digital images. They are a fairly new company, and I'm so happy they've asked me to come aboard, because I am looking forward in helping them build their company. This should be fun!! The name of their company is called KLM Designs, and all of their current stamps/digital images can be found here.

So listen, here is one of the images I thought was just up my alley. This super cute image is called Carl the Clown. KLM Designs is coming out with new images in June, so stay tuned for that!!! Digital images are easy to use, and you can download them, print and use them right away, rather than waiting for them to arrive in the mail. I also like digital images because they are sizeable, and you can print out the size to whatever size you want to accommodate your card or project. You don't need an expensive program in order for you to use these images. You could use it right off of Microsoft Word, which most people already have on their systems. Let me know if you would like for me to do a tutorial on this - I would be happy to share this with you. Anyways, try and check it out, you will NOT be disappointed. I have come across alot of companies going into the "digital images" industry. I think that's cool, because I can "take" all of my images with me on a jump drive, print it at the location I am at, and color away. So all I need in toll is my case of Copics, and my jump drive. Find me a computer, printer and print away. =) One of the many reasons why I love to digi scrap too!!!

For this image, I printed it on my ink jet printer - and I let dry for about 30 minutes. I used a Grace Pacific (Walmart) white cardstock, and colored the image with my copics. I have pics of how I colored this clown image posted below - so check that out if you'd like to see how I did it. =0)

For the layout of my card, I used Maria's sketch - Thanks Maria!!! Maria has some of the easiest n' fun sketches that I enjoy using. I don't have to think so much to actually make them work. =0) Thanks for doing the thinking for me, Maria!! To get to Maria's blog, simply click on the sketch. I used All Natural Accents flowers, and I am not sure where the sentiment is from. I used my White Creative Marker (from American Crafts) to make my free hand stitches. The buttons are from my button stash.

Here are the steps of how I colored my image:

Start with G07, and outline the areas where I want it to be shaded darker.
Color hat with RV29, blend with R000:
Blend hair with Y02, blend suit with G21

Hair is outlined with Y35, Hat & Shoes with RV29:
Complete by blending shoes with R000:

Thanks for stopping in and reading about my good news!!! Don't forget to check out KLM Designs!!!

Aloha,
Jen