May 25, 2009

Christmas Weekly Challenge #18

Aloha Sistahs....

Things are still icky in my body. I'm just grateful that my kids and hubby don't have it. It really stinks that I have this cold for so long. The last time I had this cold was when I was vacationing with the family in Seattle, back in March, and that ain't that long ago! ugh! I have been drinking lots n' lots of liquids, and have been trying to get as much sleep as I possibly can. Sometimes, my body just don't wanna lie down anymore. The coughing goes on most of the night. But I'm able to sneak in 2 hours here n' there after my coughing spasms calm down.

But enough about me being sick - aren't you sick of me always talking about being sick? LOL... how are you?!! I haven't visited your blogs lately - and I am soooo sorry for that. I've updated my reader, so that I can have an easier time seeing what everyone has been up to, and hopefully it'll allow me an easier way to comment as well. I will be visiting soon... so be ready!! LOL.....

I bet everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend tho' - BBQ'ing and celebrating our Veteran's. What do you do during this long weekend? I know a few of my friends that go camping.... and some just hang out at the beach all weekend - BBQing.... us, we don't usually do anything. LOL... but this weekend, actually - we have to go shopping for 2 important things. A television and a matress. The lamp in our tv broke last night, I think it has to do with the fact that I've been watching it all night long lately, since sleeping out on the sofa while I've been sick. While home alone last night, (DH n' kids went to a birthday party), the tv just konked out. We've had that tv for 8 years now... these newly made tv's just don't last very long!!! This is the 3rd time the tv's lamp konked out on us. Those times, my tv was still covered under warranty. I have this TV in CY4's room, which DH n' I had since we were dating - it's a tube tv. There are buttons missing, but it still works - HAH! CY4 isn't allowed to watch TV in his room - we initially put it in there for him to play games, but we ended up not allowing him to play games in there either. LOL... Maybe it's time to donate that TV, huh?! As for the matress... the one we have is already a little beaten up.... and losing it's cushion, LOL!! So it's time for a new one!!

Ok, anyways - it's week #18 for our Christmas card challenge. Maria had a sketch for us this week. Be sure to check out the Christmas blog to view the other Diva's creations. As always, nice sketch, Maria... it's always great to have a sketch to follow - helps me out with creating. =0) My image is from Whipper Snapper, DP papers are DCWV. I colored the image with my Copics Sketch. The sentiment is computer generated. Scallop is SU! scallop punch, foam tape to lift the sentiment layer... oh, and I can't forget the dew drops that I also used. =0)

I've had several readers ask me to show how I color my images... so I thought I'd do a little slide on how my images are colored. To view the slide, simply click on the slide show below... I will try and do this for every image that I color.

Ok, enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day Weekend... have fun, be safe!!

Hope you like the slide... let me know if it helps.... and if you want to see more.

Enjoy & Blessings!!!

~Jen~