May 12, 2009

Around The Island of Oahu on Mommy's Day....

Dear Sistahs....

Sorry about not posting anything yesterday. My sister Nasha was utilizing my home to massage a client. So, I was on the road during this time, just to stay away, and keep Cy busy.

Well, Mommy's Day was a tiring but an exhilarating day all at the same time. Oh, and relaxing too... does that make sense? LOL... well, how can one be tired, relaxed and exhilarated all at the same time?! Oh, I'm sure all you mama's know... no need to explain right?! Maybe some of these pics will explain it for those that don't know what I mean..... we took a drive around the island, and just took our time doing it. We only went 1/2 of the island... and it took about 6 hours to do....

This 1st photo to the left is actually a photo taken of a hike trail going directly up the mountain - I know it's hard to see, but right in middle of the pic, you will see a trail of some kine.... it's actually a ladder trail, and that hike is called "Stairway To Heaven". The "stairs" will lead to the top of the mountain to a military spot. It is closed to the public, but there are still those out there that take a risk in getting arrested and trespasses the property anyways. This was taken while coming down the H3.

2nd pic is of Bamboo Plants growing wild off the side of the highway. I took this pic, because somehow it reminds me of Snuffaluffagus of Sesame Street.

Some pics of the island tips... look at what a beautiful day it was!!!




Cy looking out the window, and my mom pointing at the horses (in a blur) for Cy to check out....


Laie Point - My Sis n' Cy
Erosion has caused that hole in the middle of the rock like that....

The water.. oh soooooo pretty!!!!


We headed to Giovanni's Shrimp:
We ate these onolicious food.... Lemon n' Butter




My Familia:


We then headed to the Waimea lookout - where there lays a Hawaiian Heiau called Pu'u o Mahuka, it is the largest heiau (religious site or temple) on O'ahu...



View from the cliff of Waimea Valley, looking down to Waimea Beach.... gorgeous!!!
We then headed to the Turtle beach.... check out this turtle that was basking in the sun...






On the way back home, I caught this beautiful shot of the sun....

ahhhh..... what a day it was..... =0)

Thanks for looking... I'll post a creation soon!!!

Hugs,
Jen