April 2, 2009

Himawari Babies: Mikey The Monkey


My Cy was born in the "Year of The Monkey" according to the Chinese Astrology. Back when he made 1, we had a huge luau, well, it was an indoor luau - rather a "shin-dig" and it was a rockin' party!! Anyways, I did all the favors for his party back then, which were basically a die cut of a lil' favor box, that I had cut out on Monkey DS paper from Darcie's Country Folk Designs. But had I known Cristina back then, I would've used these cute adorable monkey images for my favors. Here's what my favors would've looked like.

Speaking of favors, that's what I wanna do now... stuffs for parties. LOL... yea, I don't know when I'm going to really get into it. But more on that later. Anyways, the image that I've used here is called "Mikey the Monkey", and you can find it here. Super cute!!!

The cardstock is Barely Banana of SU!, and I used the Cuttlebug folder "Swiss Dots" to make the lil' dots on the favor box, which I used my "Tags, Bags, Boxes n' More" Cricut cartridge to cut. The scallop circle punch and the grosgrain ribbon, which I totally LOVE are also from SU!

I've added a little Stickles to the monkey boy's cheeks, and also colored him in with my copic markers, just to add some shading. It's a lot of fun going over the image with my copics, I also find that it allows me to practice up on my coloring skills, without having to mess up! =0)

Ok, sorry to keep this short - but CY3 has got a big day today (Thurs), and I must get him ready with some nicely pressed pants n' aloha shirt.... so gots to go!!!

Have a blessed day in Jesus today!!!


Hugs to all....

Jen