April 6, 2009

Christmas Sketch Challenge #11


Good Morning Monday all... above is the sketch for this week's sketch challenge on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog. Won't you please join us?! We are a group of creators that wanted to get started on our Christmas cards this year (and hopefully every year hereafter). If you feel like joining us, just follow the challenges that is put out every week, and upload to the net on a gallery or blog, either way works. Then go to the posting on CSAYL blog, and let us know where your card is posted by linking the URL of your card. It's that simple!!! =0)

For this week's challenge, I wanted to use my Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge. I have been DYING to use this cartridge for the longest time!!! I also thought I'd try and use it with my Design Studio program, and it didn't work for me. Not the program, just the cutting of the pieces. It was driving me NUTS!!!! I didn't know what I was doing wrong, and then last week sometime, somehow all of my Cricut mats started losing their stickyness... BUGGAH!!!! I was IRKED!!! What in the world was going on?!?! I was also having problems with the cuts not cutting correctly. They weren't cutting all the way thru the cardstock, or the cardstock would bunch up in a cut. IRKED AGAIN!!! So, I thought it was my blade. Changed the blade... and then something was still going wrong, that it made me think it was my machine!!! ACCCCKKKK.

Then a little birdie told me (her name is Wini), and she said, "try using it by directly cutting from the machine, and not with the Design Studio". Stuborn me didn't want to listen at first, because I absolutely LOVE the DS program, and didn't want to put it to shame... but I said, put my stuborness aside, and just TRY it!! It wouldn't hurt, right?!?!? So, I did... and guess what?!?!? Yep.. it worked!!!! I was so thrilled. I loved how my cuts were turning out, and that's when I decided that I wanted to use a HK cut for this week's Christmas challenge. Yay!!! Thanks Ms. Wini!!!!

Here is what I used for my project.... DS Papers - DCWV Christmas Glitter Pack, Cardstocks: SU!, Dew Drops, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Argyle, a cute yellow Doodlebug Flower Brad and SU! Corner Punch. The size of this card is 5 x 7.

Don't forget to check out the Christmas All Year Long blog to see what the other Designing Divas created with their take on it. It's always nice to see what everyone comes up with, right?!?!


Have a wonderful week ladies... so blessed to have each and everyone of you visit daily!!!

Big Mahalos!!
Jen