April 26, 2009

Christmas Challenge Week #14


Good Morning Monday all...

Are you ready for another week?! I'm kinda excited about it. Nothing really going on, but I feel so energized to do, do, do... I want to create... so I pray that I can keep this momentum going - whatever it is. LOL....

First off, thank you all for your sweet comments regarding my Saturday's full day with the family. I forgot to mention that on Friday, I had a great time with Wini and Irene. I will be sharing the projects we create shortly. =0) But yesterday, Sunday was another fun-fill full day. We first headed to church for the morning service, and after service, we met with the school's principal, for an interview, as we are hoping to get Cy into their school for Kindergarten. It looks hopeful, just gotta leave it up to the Lord, as he's got it already all planned out for us. Whether it be an answer we are looking for or not, it's all in his plans, ya know?! During the interview, CY4 took Cy to the playground. He's such a loving big brother. We Thank God daily for a responsible, loving child that CY4 is.... He kept a watchful eye on his brother for 1-1/2 hour, during that entire time we were in the interview. We could see them as well, because the room we were in was right next to the playground. But they had no idea that we were in where we were. Cy behaved well with CY4, and happily, there were no screaming n' shouting during that time. LOL... can you imagine? That would've been a twist in our interview, huh?! After our interview, we dashed back home, I got Cy ready to go to my mom's - and CY3 got ready for a round of golfing. CY4 was staying home to finish up his homework. I was heading out to meet my friends for lunch, the TG gang that I used to work with. My DH dropped Cy off for me, and I went off to my event. It was our lunch out together, although we usually go out every other month or so, it was a special outing, as we were celebrating the soon to be marriage of my girlfriend, Tiffany. But, I'll tell you more about my luncheon on another post.... I had a great time, but after the lunch, I also had a horrible headache. Ack!!! I just wanted to go home and take a nap (haaha.... twice in 1 weekend - wee hoo!!!), well, first I was to get Cy from my mom's. I stayed a few minutes while there, just so it wouldn't seem like I was coming n' going. Talked stories, until I realized that my eyelids were closing. I knew it was time to head home, then. When we got home, my head was pounding like a bass drum going in a triplet tempo during a marching band performance.. and it was NOT stopping. Advil to the rescue!!! I also quickly jumped into my bed, and told Cy, "mama is not feeling well", he then puts his hand to my forehead, and says, "ya mama, you are hot", and then he proceeds to cover me up with the blankets. It was so sweet of him **sigh**... so sweet, that it made me quickly fall asleep. LOL!!!! I was up within 45 minutes, feeling fresh n' new, and no headache. Yay!! The rest of the day quickly turned into night. I was too lazy to cook dinner - and it would be too late to start the crock pot by then... LOL. So, before my DH headed home, I asked him, "Next Stop - Zippy's?!"..... and he pulled through. Not only that, he came home with a Chocolate Milk Shake for me n' CY4 - AND I didn't even have to ASK!!! What a sweetie!!! I had spaghetti plate (they have a special going on right now, for only $4.99 Spaghetti Plate with Garlic Bread - so don't miss out!!!)....

After putting all the uneaten food away, closing up the house - setting the alarm, and putting the kids to sleep, including my DH - I finally get a chance to create!!! But then I remembered, I have to put up my Christmas Challenge Week #14 creation. So here it is!!!! Above is the sketch that we were to follow... I think I did a pretty good job, but the silver stitches, I actually wanted to be in white. I just couldn't find the white ink marker that Michelle gave me, and I was kicking myself in the butt because of that. Oh well, I had to settle for silver. I worked on this card Saturday night - and to help get me in the mood for Christmas stamping, I made me a hot chocolate, with whip cream and a dash of chocolate powder on the top of the whip cream. Yummm-O!!! No mind the messy craft table, it's just how I love it to be!!! The image I used is from Nancy Kubo, buckle is of We R Memory Makers, and I thought that it was perfect, as it protrayed the belt buckle of Santa's belt - and since I've used Santa as the image in the middle... it went perfectly together. DS is DCWV, and scallop cuts are Nesties. Be sure to stop on by the Christmas blog to check out everyone's creations... they all did a spectacular job!!!

Aloha n' No Stress, Be Blessed....

Toodaloo!!!!
~Jen