March 24, 2009

A Two Scoops Rice Creation


Well lookie what I found here.... a Two Scoops Rice Design Creation that I created prior to my vacation, but haven't been posted yet.... thought it would be nice to finally post something that I've created. I have already returned from my trip to the mainland, but I will still update all of you on my trip of days 6 thru 9, as these days were very fun and exciting days for us Young's. If you haven't been to the Two Scoops Rice Designs site recently, be sure to go check it out - Renae has updated the site, and made it even cuter than it was before. I love how whimsical it looks. It's darling!!!!

Back to my creation. So this is what I started off with. Before I left for my trip, I started to reorganize my craft area. I've taken a drawer, and sorted my DS papers as well as cardstock in order of "family color" in hopes that it'll help me coordinate color combos better than my norm. I am not sure if it was helping here with this card. LOL!!! I don't do very well if the colors I am using are not pastel colors. I just love all pastel colors.... they are so bright n' cheery to work with. =0)

I used this image from Two Scoops Designs, and colored it in with my Copics. The sentiment is an old stamp that I've had like forever.... and I thought it would go good with this image. Speaking of Two Scoops - I just got my very 1st order!!!!! I'm so excited about them, and I can't wait to start using them all!!!! It's a whole bag... but I really don't know when I'll get to use them. I always purchase a whole bunch of stuffs, and then they sit... and wait.... and sit n' wait some more... and so I'm just so excited about using them, I just don't know when that'll happen!!! LOL!!!!

Ok, back to my card again... I used the circle scallop spellbinder, and used some stickles to add glitz to my project. The dots on the mushroom, as well as the lil' fairy's clothing, and the dots on the scallop cut. For the fairy's wings, I used this Luminere paint (see next photo). I just applied a very thin coat on the wings, and it gave a little shimmer. Kinda like that Shimmerz paint thing. But I don't think any local Hawaii store sell them Shimmerz, so that Luminere paint will do the trick. I am sure that bottle will last forever, as I've only used a little dip from it. Will have to think up more ways to make use of it.

After looking at my card, I still thought that it looked kinda plain... it wasn't really making me happy. So I thought I'd add a whole bunch of dew drops to make the card a little more fun. The last photo is what it turned out to be.... what do you think?!

Go ahead... you can laugh. =0) I think it's kinda cute....

Ok, I'll post more on my trip later - and I have got to get back into the grove of creating!!! Coming back home feels like I want to just take a break from everything, as well as crafting, although I do have some withdrawals in wanting to create. Have to go and see what's new in the crafty world.... hope everyone is doing well, and that everyone is having a wonderful Spring Break. I'm sick with some kinda cold/allergy... can't wait to kick it. I made this Baby Girl Word book with my cricut before the trip, so I can't wait to share that with all of you!!!

See you again soon!!!
Aloha,
Jen