March 27, 2009

Last Days of Our Family Vacation....


Hey There.... after spending time with our good friends in Washington, we jumped on a plane that flew us to Sacramento, CA., where my sister Nash lives. She's the one I've mentioned a couple times about who owns a store there in Walnut Grove. This was the 1st time I was going to see her. I totally had this part of the trip planned, as I have promised her that the next time I head to the mainland, I would definitely stop by and pay her a visit. The flight to Sacramento took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. It was a smooth ride, and a quick one too. I was pretty proud of myself, and thanked the Lord the entire way there. I was most excited about heading over to Sacramento, because we were flying over land. I had dreamed about taking some photos of land, while flying over, and that was exactly what I did. Check out these photos of these mountain tops peaking out above the clouds, aren't they GORGEOUS?!?!?! Talk about the beauty of God's creations, huh?!?! I THINK that is the top of either Mt. Rainier or Mt. St Helen's... one of them.

When we landed, we went to get our rental car, and it took FOREVER someone to help us. 1st off, there were 2 reps at the counter, and 7 people in line. When DH got into line, there were 8 people in line, and one of the reps disappeared. What timing for him to take a break during the time when there are a whole bunch of people in line, huh?! That was really sad, because we waited, and waited, and waited, and it took 40 minutes before we finally got the key to our rental. But the good thing was that I scored a deal on the rental. Got a premium car for $47.99/day, while others were paying $129/day - why?! I dunno, the rep says I got in on a day that was just PERFECT timing, where they were having a great deal going on. I scored!!!! God works wonders, doesn't he?!?! Praise the Lord!!!!

We used my phone's GPS to get to my sister's house - Yay for Sprint!!! Well, we also had instructions via Google Map. They were both different ways of getting to my sister's place. We followed the beginning part of Google's instructions, and then followed the GPS on my phone. In no time, we were at my sister's store/house. We dropped our luggages off to the cottage right next door to her place, as that was where we were staying at. So cool, huh?!?! I really loved the ease of location, and the comfort of being able to walk right next door to her place - but there were some things about the cottage that were kinda weird. I'll write more about that later. When we got to my sister's store, she was sooo happy to see us. You can see in the pic that she is squeezing Cy to oodles... she really misses us and we miss her sooo much too!!! It was sweet to see how happy she was to see us. PRICELESS!!!! Cy immediately took to Nash's cat, Calie... she's such a furry thick thing... Nash says during the summer, she shaves Calie's fur off, for her comfort. I would love to see how Calie looks without fur... tee hee....

Our 2nd day in Walnut Grove, we headed to Sacramento, and checked out Arden Fair Way - it's a mall. With a carousel!!!!! Being that it was a weekday, there was NO ONE in the mall... at least not by the carousel. So Cy had it all to himself. It was pretty neat to see this huge machine in the mall - although I've seen it once before in a mall in Vegas. But the excitement on Cy's face when he seen the carrousel - soooo cute!!!! Those are MY legs standing behind the horse Cy was riding. LOL... DH was trying to get a good shot, but I think this was the best one that he got. Oh well...

After the mall, we went to Guy Fieri's restaurant - Tex Wasabi. DH heard about this restaurant, and we watch Guy on TV all the time, we don't actually know when his show is on, but when it is, we'll watch it. And DH told me that for sure, we were going to check out his restaurant when we got to Sacramento. DH loved it!! I on the other hand was already feeling kinda sick, and stuffy - so I couldn't enjoy the actual taste of the food. CY4 busted out with this NASTY rash behind his ears.... oh boy - I felt so bad for him. So to help with the itch, I gave him Benedryl... poor guy, he fell asleep at the table, and missed out on the food. However, we did order him a hamburger for him to eat later - but I had to get a pic of him sleeping through the meal..... LOL!!! I should've used an "indepth" feature on my camera, huh Maria?! That would've been cool!!!! As for the rash - we really don't know what he was allergic to. There were sooo many NEW things that we came in contact with, we just don't know. His rash went away within 2 days of being back home.

On the way back to the cottage, BOTH boys fell asleep... LOL!!! It was the cutest!!! Ya, a lot of photos of our pics were taken of them sleeping. LOL... just kidding. Cy fell asleep while watching a DVD, and CY4... well, he was still sleepy from the Benedryl. LOL....

Later that evening, we met up with one of DH's work colleague and his wife. Whenever Dan comes to Oahu, we go out and have dinner together. This was no different, but instead us being on his side of the world. And, we finally got to meet his adorable wife, Michelle. =0) (Dang, how many Michelle's do I know, already!?!?! ). We went to Paragary? I dunno... something like that. It was an Italian restaurant. We had a wonderful dinner, and just a great time talking stories with Dan, and getting to know his wife Michelle. This was the 1st time that we've met her, so that was fun!!!! Check out Cy, he took to her pretty well - but he always warms up to people pretty quick anyways.

The next day was a HUGE day for us. We headed to San Francisco!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!! I was totally excited for this day, and totally looking forward for this day to come. We were all excited about it. DH went to San Francisco before, and he was excited for us to see it for the first time. Everything there was just BEAUTIFUL!!!! DH and I plan on going back in 5 years from now to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and this time ALONE. But if we are able to return there before our 20th, that would be nice too. My parents are telling me that they wanna go with us, and that would be nice - because I think the only other place that they've seen other than Virginia, is Las Vegas. How strange, huh?!

This is taking me quite some time to write. I've come back to this post like 4 times already... lol. It's almost OVER.... I promise. Well, the 1st thing we saw after getting out of our car at San Francisco was the famous Pier 39. Off of the pier, a group of seals gathered and apparently hangs out on these docks. Tooo funny... so we took the kids to look at them for a little bit, and off to the far right was Alcatraz.... I wanted to do a tour of that place. But I think it would be a lot more fun when we go just together (CY3 n' I) or when the kids grow a little older.

We took a tour of San Francisco by getting on a double decker bus tour, and went to all the places that made San Francisco why it is. It was just an awesome experience for me, and for my entire family. We all had a great time there..... I was just in awe of the Golden Gate Bridge, this structure is HUGE!!!! And I loved seeing it in person!!! What a feeling.....

By the time we got to the Golden Gate Bridge tho', was too cold for Cy n' I to stay up on the top of the double decker - so we moved to the bottom of the bus. We still were able to enjoy it....

After our tour, we hopped on a Cable Car and rode up and down the streets of San Francisco. After all that, we sat in a restaurant, and ate lobster, crab and shrimp... ahhhh... I was full, and just very happy that day. =0)

The next day, my sister Nash held a potluck at her store/house to invite some of my girlfriends that have transplanted from Hawaii to California. Lei and Daisy came with their family, and hung out with me n' my family. Also, Marie Pavitt, of Aloha & Mabuhay - a blog reader & friend came out to meet me in person for the 1st time!!!! What an honor. It was so neat and awesome to meet Marie, and just wonderful for Lei and Daisy as well, to come out to see us. Thank you all that have driven the distance... it was an awesome ono kine grindz gathering.... everyone was full after the gathering, and they even shopped a little at my sister's store. Thanks Sisters!!!!

Here are pics taken of me n' my girls from the potluck...

Daisy, me n' Lei (My Gurlz From Kalihi!)

Marie Pavitt & I



By this time, I was ready to go home...... **sigh** time to create... I have to get back on track, and get in the grove... thanks for being patient, and sitting through all my writings. If you would like to see more pics from our family vacation, I will be uploading them to my Facebook account. So you can view all of them on there later.

Big Hugs,
Jen