February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Dah-Dee....

Today is my dad's birthday! He's 71 years young today... my oh my!!! He's still active and a very fun filled man... we went over to my parent's house for lunch, had some Chinese food (his favorite is Cold Ginger Chicken - which I got him hooked on to it), so we went to pick up some Chinese food for him, Cold Ginger Chicken, Shrimp Honey Walnut (my favorite!!), Oyster Sauce Chicken, Beef Broccoli, and Chow Mien (the skinny noodles), 2 cakes (because 1 is JUST not enough.....) Chantilly and Red Velvet cakes. Yumm-O!!! I am supah full to the fullest right now, and tired too. While we were leaving their house after about 4 hours of hanging around, Cy goes, "Mommy, we forgot to get Grandpa a present"... and his brother answers, "our presence were his presents".... {{{ big smile, warm heart }}}.... then Cy goes, "then why are we going home?".... too cute!! Anyways, I did make him a special card, and sang him songs on the Karaoke machine... I am pretty sure that he was tickled about all that. Here is my card that I created for him.

I had the card completed, and asked CY4 to write a message to Grandpa for his birthday.... and I had to later cut off that piece because he wrote, "Happy Birthday Grandpa, I hope you live long..." {{{{ ack }}}.... ya, so I cut the front part off, and adhered it to a white cardstock and wrote the note myself.

What I used: CB Folder: Numbers, Image: Whipper Snapper, DP: DCWV, Copics to color, Cardstock: SU! and Bazzill, Dew Drops, Scissors to frazzle the edges of the DP paper strip.

Here are a couple of pics taken today from our gathering... I'll post more within my facebook albums, so if you wanna see the other photos, come join me on Facebook!!! It's so cute how Cy is looking up at his Grandpa, at this time he was saying to his Grandpa, "make sure you make a wish, Grandpa!"....

Tomorrow is Monday!!! U know what that means.... a Christmas card creation for the Christmas blog challenge... so I gotta get to the creative table and create. See ya tomorrow!!

Hugs,
Jen