February 2, 2009

Christmas Card week #2



Hey All... Monday is the day for our Christmas challenges. We are now on sketch challenge #2. Maria is doing a great job with dishing out these sketches. I have gotta give it to her, Maria is unbelievable. Not only is she doing the challenges for this Christmas blog thing, she also does the sketches for Little C's, and for In Style Stamps. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a few others hidden somewhere - infact, I do believe she has a SU! club thingy... she is crazy busy, and I am just amazed at how she does it all. You would think her house would be a mess... but she's got that packed down too!! It's very neatly kept. LOL!!! Anyways, somehow, I tend to always talk about Maria when it comes to this Christmas challenge, so I have better stop. I just like pointing out how organized the girl is.... makes me wanna better myself, ya know?! Anyways, on to my creation for this week's challenge. Above is the sketch we were to follow. I immediately knew that I wanted to use snowflakes in the place of those 3 circles on the right. But didn't think they would fit well on a square card. So, I went with a 5 x 7 card. I cut snowflakes off of my Cricut, Accent Essentials cartridges. The DP that I used is from DCWV. I then embossed it with the Snowflakes CB Folder. Tied a ribbon around the bottom of that layer, and then layered on to my card base. The funny part about this is that I didn't see anyone's project until I uploaded it to the site this morning. The 1st thing I noticed was that Maria n' I put a ribbon in the exact same place. Hmmm... now if I could just be as organized as she is, huh?! LOL.... The image that I used is a Whipper Snapper image, which I just love of this bear "Mike" and the penguin "Ike". I added some stickles to the snowflakes, so that they had some sparkles. As well as the snow under Mike n' Ike, making it look as though they were on some fluffy white sparklie snow. The snowflakes dropping above Mike n' Ike are of Hero Arts. I used my copics to color the image in. I created this card late last night when my entire family was sleeping. It was so nice n' quiet. But I was working quickly, because my eye lids were falling quicker by the second.

Anyways, there are now a total of 15 Christmas Challenged Divas participating in the Christmas blog. We had such a huge response, but Maria had to cap it at 15, because it would be nuts if we went over. LOL!!! Please stop on by the Christmas blog to check out everyone's creation for this week. Or if you'd rather visit each individual blog, here is a link to each of them:


If you have the urge to play along... please do so!! Just create, post your project up on the web, and then post a comment on the Christmas blog to let us know you did so!!! We also have a group within Paper Craft Planet - click here to check it out. This way, you don't need a blog, but you'd still be able to upload your photo n' play along with all of us.

Thanks for popping in. I have got to work on my Little C's Challenge now.... Yippee!!!!

Big Hugs,
Jen