February 16, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge #4


Happy President's Day! What cha all doing today?! It's still nice n' windy here in Hawaii. I've got all windows opened wide, allowing the breeze to go through my house.... ahhhh... all that sweet fresh Hawaii air... feels so good!!! I wish it was this way all year round, ya know?!?! Some of you are probably thinking - what are you talking about, Jen?! Hawaii's weather is always gorgeous... well, not so... I don't like the extra hot n' humid days, or the ones with NO WIND, and Vog in the air. ACK!!!! LOL!!! IF the weather was like this all day, it definitely would be paradise. Plus my air condition bill would NOT be sky high!!!

Anyways, CY3 is working, so I am enjoying the day with the kids... washing laundry, ironing, dishes and trying to clean house, take care of the kids {{{and their WANTS n' NEEDS}} AND create all at the same time. I can't just do one thing, and that is why everything is "kapakahi" (all messed up!), and scattered. Too many things to do, so little time to do it - that goes for anything and everything around me.. But I am so grateful to the Lord for giving me such a busy life, I can't imagine not having anything to do... I'm truly blessed to be able to do all of these things {{and not be able to catch up with them - so that I always have something to do!!!}}}.. LOL!!. There are people out there that don't even have homes to enjoy the cool breeze coming through - ya know?! Or a washing machine they could let alone wash their dirty clothes in. So grateful I am to thee...

Anyways, keeping this short today {{no, really!!}}. Here's my take on this week's sketch challenge. I forgot the "bow" that supposed to be on the top of my card. But it's ok, I followed to sketch ALMOST to a tee. Hee Hee... Loved working with the color purple on this card. Seemed like a pretty non-traditional color for Christmas. Be sure to check out the Christmas Blog to see the other Designing Diva's came up with this sketch. You're welcome to play along too!!!

Here's what I used: Stamped image: PennyBlack {{isn't he an adorable snow manny?}}, Sentiment: Hero Arts, DP: TAC {{yea, I still have lots of their paper!!}}, Ribbon: {{Recv'd as a RAK - 10-Q!!}}, Spellbinder Oval and Oval Scallop, water color pencils to color, Stickles for a lil' glitz, Dew Drops: Grapes n' Leaves Mix.

Ok got lots to do..... so gotta go!!

Have a wonerful day today!!
Hugs,
Jen