January 26, 2009

Self-Proclaimed Design Team Member... for Christmas Stampin' Blog


heh.. heh... Maria had a call out last week, for those that wanted or rather, NEEDED to start on their Christmas cards NOW. So I signed up. Hey, I gotta sign up for stuffs too, right?!?! I can't always be the creator. LOL!! So because I am one of the participators on the blog, which by the way is called "Christmas Stampin' All Year Long", I have Self-Proclaimed myself in being one of the "DTs" for it. Maria said this is just a FUN thing for us, and that is truly what it is. Also a way to get us motivated, and get ahead of the ball game... it'll be fun to create Christmas cards throughout the year, and get them on a roll, especially because I was not on top of it last year, and that was really pathetic of me to not send out any created Christmas cards. Boo Hoo..

Maria is really great for starting this blog. She will be posting weekly challenges to put us to the test. There are no prizes to win, just satisfaction in knowing that there is 1 less card to go, and that is A LOT!!! So, why don't you come and play along, every once in a while.... it'll be fun, and I think you will be satisfied as well. Maria put out a Sketch Challenge for this week, as you can see - her sketch is awesome. I love Maria's sketches, because they are clean n' doable. My sample features Maria's sketch turned 90 degrees to the left.

Here's what I've used:

DSP: DCWV, Sentiment: TAC, Image: Whipper Snapper, Ribbon: Pink Organdy, Cardstock: SU!, and Dew Drops: Flame, Scallop edge was cut with my Friskar's Scissors: Clouds

I had a great time creating this card. I think especially because I wasn't rushing to get it out. LOL!!!

There are other talented ladies that also took on Maria's challenge. You can check them out on the Christmas Stampin' blog. Go on over and see what everyone else has come up with. You'll be smiling.. Looking forward in working on the next challenge, Maria!!! Thank you for planning this for us!!

Have a wonderful week everyone....

Aloha,
Jen