January 23, 2009

RAK from my SIL Ida Young



Hey Peeps... hope you are all having a great Aloha Friday day today. I'm so happy it's the weekend... can't wait to stamp all weekend!! Going to have a stamping session tonight (a lone get together with a friend), then tomorrow some stamping fun at another friend's house, and then on Sunday, a teeeeny weeeeny get together with some of my other stamping girlfriends - but not til' after church of course!!!! I wanna make sure I thank the Lord for giving me opportunities like this, ya know?!?! He's really bringing a lot more sunshine into our lives lately, so praising him is bringing me glory!!!! But OH boy, my house will be a MESS come Monday huh?!?! Yikes!!! It'll be all worth it, I'm sure!! Tee hee... Ok, here's a RAK I wanna share with you that I received from my SIL Ida. She gave this to me for Christmas. Very Cute, huh?! Well, I loved it so much - I shared it with my Glama Gurlz this past weekend, and they too got to make these. I don't know why, but I only have a photo of the one that Bobbie made (hahaha...... sorry girls!!!), oh and mines too... but I don't know what happen to everyone else's! If I find those photos, I will share with you later.

Ok, Ida used DP paper on 4x4 coasters, and adhered them to each side of the coasters. Her sentiments are SU! stamps. The cute woodchips are from Walmart, so are the magnets

on the back of her coasters. Just adhere the 1x2 mini post its to the coaster, and it becomes a mini post it note holder for the fridge!!! Pretty cute n' easy, right?!?! The woodchips were adhered to the coaster with tacky glue, at least that's what we've used.

I like that Ida used the DP on the back too. I was too lazy, and just stuck the magnets on the back without covering them. Oh, I got my coasters from Outback Steakhouse. Asked the waitress for a couple of them, and she brought me about 20. So that was cool!!!

Ok, well here is my version - almost looks like Ida's 1st one up on top, but I ink'd the edges of my coaster....


This one was the one Bobbie made....

How's here putting that lil' flower on the turtle's head.... supah cute, ya?!

Ok... next I will post photos of what the Glama Gurlz created.

Have an awesome weekend!!!

Aloha & Blessings....
Jen