January 3, 2009

Dinner with my TG friends....

Before Christmas happened I went out to dinner with some friends that I used to work with at Title Guaranty. We went to Tanaka of Tokyo, located at Ala Moana. We usually try to get together monthly, but that never happens. I think we'll have to do it once every other month instead. Once a month is so hard to do, I don't even have the chance to go out on a date night with CY3 once a month. I hope this year I will be able to manage my time a lot better than I did in 2008.
Left to Right: Tiff, Kristy, Kyle, Dustin n' Me (missing: Mary Anne)
Photo Taken @ Morton's



Anyways, back to my dinner with my friends..... I heard about the Tanaka of Tokyo in Waikiki about 10 years ago, but have never been to that one or this one. It was a tepenyaki style of cooking (the kine where the chef cooks right in front of you). The guy that took our order was really nice n' fun, personable and talkative, but the guy that came out to actually cook for us - he was so serious. It didn't take me long to realize that the guy that took our order was our waiter or server of drinks, and the other one, our Chef. But that don't mean he had to be a meany just because he was at a "higher" position, right??! Infact, the Chef on the next table was very personable with his group of people on his table. I was thinking... "hmmmm.... I should be over THERE!!!!". I was quite disappointed that our waiter wasn't the one that was gonna cook for us.... but hey, the food was great (the Chef left immediately after cooking... so phew!!!), and the company was even better. Catching up with friends is the best kinda relaxing to do.... The photo above was taken at Morton's - we headed there after dinner at Tanaka's for a few drinks. Mary Anne is missing from the photo, because she headed home right after dinner, being that she has a young child at home. The 2nd photo is a side profile of the famous Santa Claus statue standing at the mall, over looking Ala Moana beach park.

Because this gathering was right before Christmas, we told each other that we weren't going to exchange gifts this year... but come on... we have that instant urge in us crafters to share what we love, even if it is just something small that's created, right?!?! In which case, everyone was surprised to see that I gave them a little something.... and yes, even the guys got a lil' something.

These 1st few projects were actually the goodies I made for the guys. They were 3x3 covered Post It Notes. I figure since they all still work at a desk job, these Post It Notes will surely come in handy, right!?!?! I personalized them using my Cricut cartridge "George", and added some dew drops for embellishments. the DS paper and image is from 3 Bugs in a Rug.

Aren't those dinosaurs adorable?! They are from the paper pack called "Playtime Caboodle". Which is available at Little C's. The dew drops that I used are from the "Cowboy" pack.

I will share the ladie's projects in another posting (wanna spread it out so I have "stuffs" to post). So come back tomorrow to find out what they were....

Aloha,
Jen