January 15, 2009

Baby Girl Card for Instyle Stamps

Before I go on, just wanted to let you all know that I've posted the Diva's that will be helping me out for the next 6 months, beginning in February!! Check them out here.

This is my 2nd week serving as the Guest Designer for Instyle Stamps. Actually, you know what?!?! I think I messed up!!! I think my week was supposed to end last week. Doh!!! Sorry Virginia!!! Well, here is the project I created using the stamp called "Jasmine". She is carrying a baby.... and I made it a pink card, because she is carrying a baby girl right now. I am totally digging all these retro stamps that Virginia and her team are drawing up for the Instyle Stamp line. They go from "Groovy" to "Fabulous" in a split second. Hahaha.... ya, I'm totally not making any sense right now.

For this card, I used my Scallop Oval Nesties to make the Oval Scallop and Oval cuts, I colored Jasmine with my copics (which I haven't touched in a very long, long time!!!). The embossed cardstock was embossed on clear glossy paper, and then I took a sponge, dabbed it on a pink colored ink pad, and just did a "swipe" on the entire cardstock, giving my cardstock a look of being shinny n' pink. I embossed it using the "Textile Texture" Cuttlebug folder. There isn't any sentiment on the front, as I figured the image said it all... doesn't it??! Well, I must might add a sentiment if I can find one to use. I used my friskars scissor to make the scallop edges on the pink strip going across the card.

I have one more project to share using this Jasmine stamp..... so come on back later - well, on another day probably. I have several awards n' RAKs that I received that I must share. So they will be posted first.

Hope you are all having a blessed day today. The weather forecasts for 50-60 miles wind tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow. So I went and got my Severe Weather Kit ready. If we do have power outage, I sure pray that it comes during the day, while everyone is at home, so that I can do, what else?!?! Play "Camp Out" with my kids, and Stamp!!!!

Tah-Tah!!!!
Jen