January 2, 2009

1st Creation of 2009.... Guest Designer for Instyle Stamps....

Hello Hello Helloooo.... how is everyone doing?!?! I can't believe I lived through all that... and by "that" I mean the madness, and crazy adrenaline of Christmas shopping. I usually do my shopping online, and usually do them in OCTOBER... but this year, I was sooo behind, because we wanted to hold off on spending money as long as we can, just to make sure we don't run out of it. Hahahaha... So I had to do a lot of Gift Cards, instead of online purchases. I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones feeling the pinch. Being that I have a hidden talent of crafting (did you know that!?), I was able to make rather than buy a lot of gifts this year, so that helped a lot. I will be sharing with you the projects I created very soon, but on today's post I wanted to share with you the 1st project that I've created for 2009.... because GUESS WHAT?!?!?! I am so excited to share with you that I am the Guest Designer for the next 2 weeks (this n' next) of InStyle Stamps. Have you heard of this stamp line?! It is a new stamp line that offers retro looking stamps. I love the style of these stamps, they are sassy n' fun, and if you know me.... that's just who I am. So, anyways, Virginia - the owner of InStyle Stamps had this DT call for Guest Designer Spots, I thought I'd just try for the spot, and see if I can pull it off. So that's where I'm at right now... creating and posting for this awesome stamp line. Virginia also has a blog for this line, which you can check out here - so stop on by, and fall in love just as I have!!! This is the 1st ever for me to be a stamp line's Guest Designer Spot, so Thank You, Virginia for giving me this opportunity, and having faith that I will pull through - even at the last minute!! LOL!!!

While creating this card, I had the "New Year's" theme in mind. This lovely stamp diva's name is "Marti". Click on her name to see her and other dazzling divas of InStyle Stamps.

The sentiment on this card is a Just Rite stamp. I used SU!'s scallop punch, and black stickles to dot each scallop. I used white fine glitter on the grey part of her dress, and colored her with my copics. Organdy black ribbon and dimensionals were also used. The DS paper is DCWV - the glitter stack.

Hope you are all having a wonderful start of the new year!!!

Aloha,
Jen