December 2, 2008

A Quickie....


I've posted a new banner.... u likey? Now I'm always watching you... LOL!!!

Ok, quick post, because I REALLY shouldn't have the time to blog - somehow, I can't get blogging off of my schedule. It's as though it's already embedded in my daily schedule. What the heck??! Then I get on to post, and guess what?! I start talking about something else, like I'm doing now.

This past Sunday, I went to Shirokiya at Ala Moana to help Brian (owner of Photo Craft) with a make n' take that he was presenting to the public. We didn't expect much people to show up, but we happy just to get some exposure to the public that weren't aware of his store's existance. There were a few that have never heard of Photo Craft, and I was quite surprise about that, being that he's been in biz for so long. Anyways, he did a simple make n' take, basically promoting the "Dandelion Designs" line. Which is a line that is created by a local girl from Hawaii, name Jean. She too has a blog, and it's called "Dandelion Designs".... check her out, she's got cute creations and keep making MORE!!!! She is also a perfectionist when it comes to cutting out images. I swear.. the cut outs look like die cuts and not hand cut. Very cool!!!

So here is the make n' take. It's a lil' square 3-D ornament (see photo below to see size comparison against the palm of my hand - it's blurry, but u get the idea). Real easy to make. The cute penguin is from Dandelion Designs. It was a project created by Jean, and I just followed the directions to make them. Cutting the penguin out was extremely hard at that time, as I just had a Grande Caramel Machiatto, and was a little shaky. LOL!!!!

I will be at Shirokiya's again with Brian this coming Sunday, 12/7 from 10 am - 2 pm, so if you're in the area, come by and say "hi" or come n' do a make n' take. It's $2 to make, and it's going to be something NEW and not this same ornament. So, stop on by and see what it is. Hopefuly we will see some familiar faces.

Have a nice day!!!

Aloha,
Jen