December 16, 2008

Goodie Bags for Cy's Classmates


I only had 4 hours of sleep last night, but it was well worth it!!! Cy hasn't been to school in a week due to him being sick all last week, and going to the doctors yesterday for a check up. So, his classmates weren't able to celebrate his birthday on Monday, like they were hoping to. I wasn't going to do anything, being that it was already Tuesday that he was going back to school, but his teacher called me (Hi Mrs. V!!!), and said that they were celebrating Cy's birthday Tuesday (today). So I had to kick myself into full-force last night, started at 9pm, and made 18 of these cute tote bags - but in boy colors. I got this idea from Jo, but I've also seen it everywhere on the net. So I was jamming... and my eyes started falling at 1 am, and I said... "just go, just go, just keep going, Jen!!!". You know it - I was my own cheerleader, and I didn't even have COFFEE!!!

Well, at 1 am, I opt'd not to make any tags for the goodie bags, and I kept thinking - what if it goes home to the kid's and their parents don't even know what it's for?!?! Well... I wasn't going to let that happen. So this morning, when I got up, I took the kids to school (CY4 and Sar-Sar), and then came back home, printed out the sentiment on my computer, punched with circle punch size 1-3/8" and punched out scallop cuts on 2 different colored cardstock. Ho man... I was jamming again!!! I look'd at the time... 7:32 am, I had to hurry, we need to be out of this house by 7:45 am, to get to school before 8 am. Jamming, jamming.... I get most of the tags on, but not all... when I took the final picture, not all of the bags had tags. I took the tags with me, knowing that there was 1 traffic light on the way, that takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!! When I got to the light, I was jamming again, putting on them tags... man, the adrenaline.... Got all the tags on... got Cy to school on time... and now everybody will be able to celebrate his birthday, and his parents will know whose birthday they celebrated in school today. =0)

DS Paper: DCWV, Cardstock: Bazzill & SU!, Ribbon: Max Imports, Silver Cord: SU!, Scallop & 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch: SU!

Now to have my coffee.....

Toodaloo!
Jen