November 9, 2008

My Sew Mini Machine & a Magnolia Creation: Another Tilda w/Dalecarlia Coat #3 (w/mouth drawn in)

Hello Sunday Crafters....

Here is #3 Tilda w/Dalecarlia Coat (#2 is posted on my Little C's blog here). This Tilda already looks as though she's got a "oh no!" look on her face without the mouth drawn in, and this was the 1st image that came to mind of how I thought her mouth would look. I've posted Tilda #1 here, earlier on this blog. And because I had 2 more images left, I didn't want them going to waste. But before I show you the image of my creation, I'd like to share with you my Janome Sew Mini machine 1st. I'm a little late on the band wagon here, but that was because I already had a sewing machine when everyone was going out to purchase this lil' baby. But my sewing machine broke, and instead of purchasing a brand new $100+ one, i figure I could get a Sew Mini for half the price. With the help of Jan Scholl, I was able to purchase one from Hancock Fabrics for $50 and get FREE shipping on it. I was happy as a jumping jelly bean (do they jump?!). I receive my Sew Mini about early August, and only yesterday, I was able to pull it out of the box and play with it. The machine is "sew Mini" that it's even smaller than my laptop!! Here is a photo to show you the size difference. It's small enough to work on my projects, but not sure if I will be able to actually sew my pouches and towels and such, but I'll try that later.

I was able to use my Sew Mini on this Tilda card that I am sharing with you today. All the stitching was done with it. I don't have white thread right now, so I had to sew with red thread. I hope that I can make use of this machine at least once a week on my projects. We'll see where I can fit her in... amongst all my other dang machines I have on this table.

Ok, here's what I used... Craft Scissors to cut scallop around my oval Nestie cut, Tilda w/Dalecarlia Coat, CB Folders: Swirls, Swiss Dots and Textile Texture, Sentiment is from Darcie's Country Folk, Dew Drops, Copic Markers, White Acrylic Paint for highlights.

Hope you're having a great Sunday!!!

Hugs,