October 29, 2008

A Cricut Creation: Franken-Youngs

Happy Early Halloween From the Franken-Youngs:

CY3 and Me....

CY4 and Cy....

Hee hee... I've seen these cute Frankie's being posted all over, everyone using the Sizzix die cut to make them... as seen on blogs of Dawn, Teri and Joy (in that order) and while over at Wini's house, well - I actually got to see the Frankie's up close n' personal (see photo below of what Wini gave me!!). I knew I had to go home and make it on my Cricut, I said to myself, "might as well, since you get all the pieces already".

The Cricut cartridge called "Accent Essentials" has that same die cut that Sizzix has - what is it called? Ok ck'd the SU! Catalog, and it's called "Top Note Bigz", well, the Sizzix cut is a set size, the Cricut cut can be adjusted to any size that I want it to be. So... on my 12x12 Cricut cutting mat, I wanted to cut the entire 12x12 cardstock, so I am able to cut 4 pieces at 1 time, and making Frankie's head a little larger than the Sizzix die cut! Isn't that cool?! Anyways, because I had 4 Frankies, I figure I make the 4 of Us Youngs... and there you have it - the Franken-Youngs.

Here is Mr. Franken-Young with the Frankie Wini gave me.... just to show you size difference.

Anyways... for all you Cricut Design Studio Users, I used the following cartridges:
  • Accent Essentials
  • George Basic Shapes n' Fonts
Download Frankie's Parts Here

I'm working on Halloween goodies for Cy's classmates, I hope I can finish them all - as by "them" I don't know yet what I'm referring to, I'm waiting for the "pressure" to kick in so that I can figure out what I'm going to make. It's gotta be done by tomorrow morning, so I'm sure the idea will arrive sometime around 6 p.m. tonight.

Toodaloo!!!
Jen