October 22, 2008

Couple of Sympathy Cards....


Hello... today I attended a funeral of an Aunty of mines. I haven't seen her in a while, but what I remember of her was that she was a funny, kind hearted person, someone that just loves to laugh, give and have a ball with. We're all going to miss you Aunty Nancy!!!!

I made 2 cards, I usually make 2 because my parents need a card to give as well. My mom usually asks me for a card, but today she didn't. However, my sister Jackie needed one. So, at least this is one good reason for having such an expensive hobby - we card makers come in handy right at the last minute.

I created these cards with my metal embossing stencils.

These are the ones you use the light table with - but goodness, I would NEVER resort to that again!!! WHY?!?! Because I can use my Big Shot or Cuttlebug machines to emboss them now.... SO much easier!!!! If you'd like to know how, check out my tutorial located here. You are going to LOVE it!!!!

After embossing, I used my Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol for blending the colors. Turned out pretty huh? The sentiment "With Sympathy" is from SU!, and the other sentiment is an My Sentiments Exactly rub-on.

On another note... sorry I haven't been posting much as of lately, or visiting your blog to check out your stuffs - my sister Nasha is here visiting from Sacramento, Califronia and we're spending some much needed time together. The last time she was here it was for Cy's 1st birthday party. Now Cy is going to be 4... so it's been a while!!! She's been here since the 11th, and leaves on the 26th - so you can imagine how much things I wanna do with her before she heads off again. Plus with the Little C's sale going on... man, I tell you - it is NUTS!!!! I am behind on sending out Thank You cards, and posting RAK's that came in. But please bare with me.... just a couple more weeks, and after this sale - I hope I can catch up with everything else that has fallen behind.

Okie Dokie... hope you are all doing well.

Big Hugs all around...
Jen