September 11, 2008

A Sympathy Card & Button Tin Container


Aloha All....

Hope you are all having a beautiful Thursday. Today it is gloomy and a little drizzly here in Hawaii. But still, that beats not waiting around for storms to hit. Things are quiet. With Cy in school, I find myself cleaning the house more (what is wrong with me?!?!), I should be playing right?! I can't believe how much I get done, but yet still have lots more to clean.... Well, here is a Sympathy Card I made for a friend of ours. I got the idea from my friend Bobbi, who used these oriental stamps that I've managed to hoard and not use. She inked them up the last time the Glama Gurlz got together, and I was like... "wow - they really stamp well".... so, thanks Bobbi!!

The image was stamped using SU! Black Craft ink. I needed that solid and yet not wanting to emboss it. I stamped the Japanese font with Black Palette ink, the sentiment is a rub on. I shook-shook the edges of all layers, and raised the sentiment layer with a some pop-up foam tape. Then added some buttons to fill the empty spots.

For the inside of the card, I stamped a Katakana of "Strength", and shook-shook the edges of this cardstock as well. The cardstock that I used is SU!'s Very Vanilla.

Speaking of buttons.... I used this tin container which I happily received from Jan Scholl, and decorated it a lil' bit to store my huge pile of buttons. When I completed the decorated, I dumped all of my buttons into the container - and I was so happy that I could see them right through the top!!! Then I found ANOTHER package of buttons, which won't fit in this one at all... oh well, I guess I will have to decorate another container, eh?? Thanks Jan for the container!! I am sure loving it!!!

Before I go... 2 more pictures to share - it's my "Today's Hawaii" photos. These photos were actually taken at the mall a couple of weeks ago. It was "CanStruction Week" at our mall. Which meant that groups got together and built unbelievable structures using can goods. All can goods were donated later to a food drive. These were displayed at the mall for a week or 2. I will share each photo once a day.... scroll down to see them.



Here is the photo of the CanStruction structure - it is of our very own Aloha Tower n' Harbor... Unreal, huh?!?!


Here's a close up of the ship itself.....



Ok, it's almost time to pick up my lil one. I have to throw some clothes into the wash or else CY3 will think I do nothing but blogging (hee hee... I hate when he's right!!!).

Hugs to all...
Jen