September 2, 2008

LCWC #7 & My Blending with Copics Tutorial.....

Good Morning Tuesday All!!!!

I am late on posting LCWC #7 Challenge. Well, today is like a Monday for me (I am sure for you too!!!!), so I had to do "Monday" things on a Tuesday, which made it kinda crazy this morning, especially because it's garbage day. I usually have CY4 do the trash the night before, but I totally spaced as a mom on duty last night. Must be because it was such a wonderfully LOOOONG weekend!!! Of Course I didn't have my project ready this morning, so after doing all the Monday stuffs, I had to sit down n' create.

Anyways, we're doing a sketch challenge this week, and on your project, you MUST use BEADS somewhere, somehow, someplace on that project. The sketch is from Julee Tilman, of Poetic Artistry. Here is how my lil' project turned out. The LC DD's that participated this week are:

My stamp is from Whipper Snapper - it is one of the stamps that I've ordered, and will be arriving any day now. The DP is from 3B's called Playtime - which you can get from LC's here. My beads are all from SU!, which I think are retired now. Ribbon is a teal organdy ribbon. I colored my image with my Copic Sketch, and wanted to do a lil' tutorial on how I blend with my Copics. So, here goes....

First - I am going to choose the 3 colors that I will choose to blend with. I've already colored in with the 1st choice, which is E33, the other 2 as you can see are E37 and E29:


Here's a close up of step 1 coloring with the lightest color which is E33:


I then take the DARKEST of the colors E29, and outline where I want to - which is pretty much on all the lines of my doggie:


Now take the color that is semi-dark/semi-light (or right in the middle) E37, and outline with that on the inner part of the darkest outline that I just did:


Then, I go back and get the 1st color I colored with E33, and blend everything together, blending in a circular motion while doing so. Then my coloring is FINISHED like this:

Pretty easy right?!?! Jodie Cole helped me with this, so thanks sister!!!! Here is my completed project again....


Ok, I have to go now, busy today!!! This weekend was NUTZ!!!! The Glama Gurlz came over Sunday day, and had a great time til' Monday morning!!!! LOL!!! I have a BUNCH of things to post. So can't wait to share, share, share!!!!

Random.Org selected Jodi Ann Lee as the winner of LCWC #6!!!
Congrats Girl!!!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday, Everyone!!!!!!

Aloha,