August 5, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #3

Greetings!!!

It's week 3 of our continuing challenges here on my blog. Scroll down to the bottom if you'd like to skip all this to see who has won LCWC's prize. This week, I've challenged the Little C's DT's to create or rather, alter something that is found laying around their house. Just so happen that the other day, Cy finished up some cashew nuts in this cashew nut can. So I immediately knew that I wanted to use this as the product that I will alter for this week's challenge. But what to make? It's so easy to just cover, and say, "I Pau"... LOL, but I wanted to add a little bit of fun to this challenge. I made my lil' Cy boy a coin bank with it. Here's how it turned out... I used the Lil' Fire Chief and Sparky (last wk's prize) stamps by High Hopes. The DP is from Whipper Snapper, and reversible. I cut the images out, and cut the intricate spaces with an Xacto knife. I colored with my Copic Markers, and added some shading with them as well. For Sparky, I added him to the bank with dimensionals, so that he is 3D! For the coin slot, I actually used my SU! Window Word punch on the DP first, stuck it on the cover, and then used my Xacto knife to cut out that section of my plastic cover. Was pretty simple. I then took a brown sharpie pen, and wrote in Cy's name on there. He doesn't know that I made this for him, just yet. I've added it to my box of samples. I'll have to give it a few days before I had it over, because you all know how long that it's going to late looking like how it does now.

Here is a photo of all the Copic Markers that I've used.

Now more photos of different angles of this altered project:


Check out these altered projects created by some of the other Little C's Design Team Members:


So you wanna try out this challenge? Of course you do, right? Ok, so go on, create, and post online. Come back here, post a comment and link to your creation, it's that easy. There's a prize for the winner that is randomly chosen via Random.Org. The winner will be announced next week on the same day that I post a new challenge. The winner will receive.... drum roll please.... 1 pack of Queen & Company embellishments... waaahooo!!!

Oh yea, and the winner of LCWC #2's challenge was Tracy. I have your deets dahling.... thank you all for playing. What fun this is, and I am glad to see that it is putting everyone's creativity to work!!! Good Luck on this week's challenge!!!

Aloha,